The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumGameMaker, Exe. to Swf? Answers here.

20 19155
acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Steps on how to do it

1. Make your game
2. Create execuable
3. Save the file
4. Use This download
5. Drag saved exe. to blue area
6. When done with download, go to new game file, click properties, and check if its an swf.
7. Post your game!

• 20 Replies
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Okay. First, I downloaded that file you linked to.
Then, I downloaded and installed GameMaker 8.1, and loaded an example game. After this, I created an executable, and tested it to see if it was working. You'll be happy to know it worked perfectly.

The final step. Dragged exe to blue area. Swf created.

And it doesn't work.
Blank canvas, nothing else. Guess what? You can publish a .exe from flash as well, BUT ONLY IF you have a .exe published by flash this can you extract the swf from that exe. Which means NO gamemaker exe whatsoever.

Not only have you revived a bunch of necro'd threads, some older than 2 years, for the sole reason of making an *** of yourself, the information you posted was also fundamentally wrong! Now I know for a fact you haven't checked anything you posted yourself. For this reason alone I'm about to report every single post you've made in these necro'd threads. You want GM so bad, then gtfo and go to yoyoGames's forum.

Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Since I just fixed my computer from a super virus this morning, and PixelSmash says it didn't work. I am highly paranoid that it is a scam and it contains the super virus will destroy my computer once again. o_0

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

PixelSamsh, your saved swf file is going to be saved somewhere else, its not the same file you dragged in the blue area. And I forgot to mention, your exe. will be saved as an application. Drag THAT in there, exit, and go to the same document your app was, new file should pop up, SWF!

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Does this work for the yoyo game maker?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Does this work for the yoyo game maker?

That's what its (supposedly) works for.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

Part of me doesn't want this to work. I spend weeks to make a game that somebody with GM can make in two hours.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Part of me doesn't want this to work. I spend weeks to make a game that somebody with GM can make in two hours.

Well if you can make good enough games then people with GM can't compete unless they learn GML.
Carlytoon
Carlytoon
324 posts
Nomad

acmed, if it really works as you say, I think you should upload a game that you've made ââwith game maker(exe), convert it to flash(swf) and upload it on a website or something similar.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

GM is extremely restricted and you can always make something better with flash if you are decently competent at it.
Dannydaninja
Dannydaninja
948 posts
Nomad

So this ' miracle ' program doesn't work?

PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

As far as I've tested, no, it doesn't work. acmed even posted to my profile saying something like 'you did something wrong, don't blame me' - except I didn't. I know my way around a computer, and I can definately see and know the difference between swf and exe, for one because I've set windows to always show the file extension. The swf I tested was just a blank screen, nothing more.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

The funny thing is this shouldn't go in the programming forum at all :P
However I'll try this. But really, if you are that lazy, get flixel...

Tashnio129
Tashnio129
31 posts
Nomad

Couldn't you just hit 'save as' and then make it into a swf? I mean it probably doesn't work, thinking that most people probably have tried that already. But you could probably get your game featured on yoyo games, or get someone that is a real game creator to make it a flash game. Like does anyone else remember Karoshi? that game that was made with game maker then was put onto all the game sites? Yeah, I sure do. And remember that worm game where you eat cows and people and stuff? That was changed COMPLETELY and has two versions now. One is effing worms, and the other is death worm.

badboy97777
badboy97777
16 posts
Nomad

GameMaker program is epic, you can do a lot and the very first games started with such a program:P Even though it's an easy program to use it doesn't mean that it have all abilities like other programs like maya:P anyways next year I will be studying for gamedesigner ^-^ Maybe I will publish some of my creations on this website

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
248 posts
Nomad

I believe that this tool is not for GM .exe files.

Rather, it is for Flash Games compiled as a .exe file.

Showing 1-15 of 20