The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGhost Accounts

30 4724
Soul99
Soul99
91 posts
Farmer

I was thinking to add a button to flag the account.There are a lot of ghost accounts...Can we delete them?

• 30 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I'd say just leave those accounts alone.

Besides, it makes the site look bigger.
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

And knight, I don't think that they should be deleted. Maybe someone will come back after some time to play games on their account then they see that their account has been deleted, then they will argue with the Administrators about it.

Ah yes, there happens to be a few hundred thousand people with AG accounts that have never clicked the rate button before.

Yes.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Ah yes, there happens to be a few hundred thousand people with AG accounts that have never clicked the rate button before.

I was one of them for a few months.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

90% of the people I meet on colony and exit path are ghost accounts.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

[quote=gaboloth]90% of the people I meet on colony and exit path are ghost accounts.[/quote]
For me, it is more like 25% or so.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

Is "GhostOfMatrix" a ghost account? :0

No; it's a GhostOf accout!

I think it's some kind of clan. Ask himself for a better answer.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

90% of the people I meet on colony and exit path are ghost accounts.

For me, it is more like 25% or so.

Still a lot of people that wouldn't be happy if their accounts would be deleted.

Ghosts won't be deleted. They don't do any bad. But if we delete them the site will look much smaller. And I don't think that anyone want that.
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

why are people so bothered by ghost accounts? who cares if someone makes a profile and then never comes back?

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,612 posts
Peasant

why are people so bothered by ghost accounts? who cares if someone makes a profile and then never comes back?

I think people started complaining about this back in 2009 when the site used to lag a lot and people proposed to cut the lag down deleting the ghosts, but for some reason the complaining didn't stop when the lag got fixed with code optimization.
jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

if they only play the games but dont rate them or anything what is the point of having an account?

but I do agree with GhostOfMatrix u never no when someone will come back to the site

for exp. this one user told me once he was really busy for a while then came back and started using his account IDK what their name waz

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

if they only play the games but dont rate them or anything what is the point of having an account?

Saving your game data, so that when you go back to the game you don't have to restart. And on some games they give special features to those that have accounts.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

And on some games they give special features to those that have accounts.

I have seen that in several games. Accounts can also be created for high scores in certain games.
DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

There are many people that just play the games and dont take part in the community aspect of armorgames

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,747 posts
Peasant

There are many people that just play the games and dont take part in the community aspect of armorgames

There is actually a world in AG without the games and the forum; ... commenting!
ANDY59UK
ANDY59UK
54 posts
Nomad

Just because they don't have any AP, doesn't mean the yare inactive. Also here's my theory of what we should do:

The AP Mods should be able to check when they last signed in. If they have earned 0 AP with 2 years they will be emailed. If they haven't earned at least 2 AP by the next fornight their name will be up for grabs. ;-)

I don't really know if it would work - I just hate seeing awesome names with no activitiy whatsoever.

Showing 16-30 of 30