The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernEnglish Project Help

9 1646
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

ok so i have to do this english project which is pretty much like 80% of our grade. the essay is supposed to be on the three types of Literary Criticism: Historical/Biographical, Philosophical, and Archetypal.

i was originally going to do mine on "A Clockwork Orange" but it doesnt have much historical/biographical to it.

so i need something better. any thoughts?

• 9 Replies
JohnnyUnitas
JohnnyUnitas
172 posts
Nomad

Other than the Bible, I cannot think of anything else. Sorry.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

oh, i forgot to mention. i dont have time to read a whole book, so it can be on a movie also

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

A Clockwork Orange isn't a bad idea. Just talk about the history of the psychological movement in the time period and how it relates to the ultimate death of the protagonist. Can't tell you specifics, because that would be 'cheating'.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Read The Sound and the Fury. Write. Teacher will love you.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

A Clockwork Orange isn't a bad idea. Just talk about the history of the psychological movement in the time period and how it relates to the ultimate death of the protagonist. Can't tell you specifics, because that would be 'cheating'.

do you have a sort of link to any sort of study guide?
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

hope you get banned for such spam.

in other cases, i really need some ideas

DrCool1
DrCool1
210 posts
Bard

Tell your teacher that English is a useless subject and will not help you in life. I did that and let me tell life is good living on the streets

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,890 posts
Nomad

You can do it on Gone With the Wind, or possibly War and Peace. I did one on War and Peace and got a great mark. =)

Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

Gone With the Wind, or possibly War and Peace

Those are very long books. I'd suggest Julius Caesar by Shakespeare. It's both hoistorical and (somewhat) biographical. Although, this is a play and not actaully a book. I don't know if that counts.
Showing 1-9 of 9