The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernPoor men

4 1298
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

Read This!

What are you're thoughts and comments. I already knew this, but when I read it, It seemed quite unfair, or something.

• 4 Replies
d_dude
d_dude
3,523 posts
Peasant

If the plot requires a tragic death that motivates the protagonists or shows how evil the villains are, the victim will be female.

This is untrue in many cases. A great example is Heavy Rain for PS3.

Also, did you read this part:
In real life, males are not a disposable gender. All human beings have equal importance and equal rights to live full, happy, fulfilling lives. Women are no more and no less disposable than men, no one is disposable.
Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

In real life, males are not a disposable gender. All human beings have equal importance and equal rights to live full, happy, fulfilling lives. Women are no more and no less disposable than men, no one is disposable.

Yes, I did. But if you think about in a "general" -thing- sense, if say, you're stuck in a boat, and there is a woman and a man, but there's only one lifeboat (can only carry one person) I don't know, but my "mind" simply says !Save The Woman!
Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

This started as an honor thing, but it has developed into severe sexism. Even in Halo: Reach, all of the characters die by brutal maulings or massive explosions that save the hero, but Kat gets shot once in the back of the head by the only enemy around for miles. Yes, any hero's death is tragic, but her's is treated as being just as tragic as the other four despite the pointlessness and inseverity with which it happened.

Secretmapper
Secretmapper
1,747 posts
Nomad

This started as an honor thing
Yeah, this is what I think too. Using my lifeboat example above too, If a man get's saved, there's probably going to be speculation, or rather he will receive maulings saying that he should have chosed the woman etc. Sorry for my seemingly bad english, I just don't have much time and I try to run (and think) as fast as I can.
Showing 1-4 of 4