ForumsNews and FeedbackGame reviews forum

14 3745
bbr
bbr
41 posts
Nomad

A forum section specifically designed for game reviews.

Mostly the feedback on games is rather limited. A specific section could expand on that, and encourage people to write more extensive reviews about new and popular games.

• 14 Replies
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I think this would be nice, but I also think it should be placed under the Flash Games section, instead of a whole separate subforum.

Also, the amount of duplicate threads would be overwhelming...

I'm on the fence with this one, and I'm not sure if it would work well.

Nice idea though!

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

i half agree with oak. the comment part of games are for comments, if you make this forum, nobody is ever gonna comment. then they can get free spam points on here. in my opinion, this will just create spam. sorry

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

nobody is ever gonna comment.

I write good long reviews for many games that I've played. I'd use this sub-forum if it was added. But I don't see a point in it, you can just put the review in the game comments.
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

But I don't see a point in it, you can just put the review in the game comments.

I don't quite get it that much either, but I think he is imagining a thread for general reviews, thoughts about the game, walkthroughs, and some other things. But most of these things are already available, I think he just wants it to be in a whole thread for each game? I don't know.
I just don't think it's necessary.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Nah; we already have the Flash Games category. I think that's enough. But I'm not against the idea.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

Nah; we already have the Flash Games category. I think that's enough. But I'm not against the idea.

another thing i forgot, we have a bunch of forums in the flash game section. they have discussions of exit path, ctc, sonny, etc. another reason there shouldn't be a game review section. flash games already have many threads about it
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

There's no point in another forum that does the exact same thing as the comments section.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

we have a bunch of forums in the flash game section.

There are no sub-forums located in the sub-forum, in-fact, that makes no sense at all. Those are threads, topics. You have the forums(community homepage), then you have all the sub-forums, then when you click on one of the sub-forums you get to see the threads within that sub-forum.

...And if people want to make a walkthrough of the game, you can put that in the walkthrough section, you want to talk about a game then go to the flash games sub-forum, you can also put your review of the game there too if you want. Just locate the appropriate thread for it, either that, or leave the review in the comments.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

There are no sub-forums located in the sub-forum, in-fact, that makes no sense at all

my bad, i meant to say thread, not forum.
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

Well if you read far enough back you will see sever topics like this that talk of a separate box or something like the comment one but you had to fill out a more form like thing or you had to type so much in to the box to be able to post it, then people would rate it and so on.

So most of this has already been talked about, makeing a forum part or some think would just take up to much room and would be unnecessary and even if you put a link to the part of the forum for that game not many people would use it.

I like the old idea (talked about that early ) best , almost like Yoyo game.com (game maker)'s set up ( I suggest lookng at it, it is a nice example of it all.)

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,488 posts
Blacksmith

It seems to me that the idea for this sub-forum would be a good idea, but only under certain circumstances. Some game sites have done this idea, but it's kind of hard to do this if there is already a forum system. You could create a separate site of armor games that is based solely on reviews, but that sounds stupid.

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

Oh wow exit path was awesome

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You could create a separate site of armor games that is based solely on reviews, but that sounds stupid.

If you want to make a review of a game on the site, then it's best to put it in the game comments. I don't see a point in making a 'review sub-forum' when you can simply leave your review in the game comments.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've already discussed having a more thorough game review area on the game play page which viewers could read in a tab instead of general comments left by users. Perhaps comments voted up the most will spill over into that category, we're not sure. We haven't really gotten that far on the finishing touches of the game play page.

Either way, I don't think it'll be forum-based.

Showing 1-14 of 14