ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPhotography trend: Week 1 nature

96 22752
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

This is a Photography contest where you may submit your photography work to yours truly and where you will compete with other people

Rules
----------------------

1. Submit according to topic- If picture has nothing to do with the topic of the week it will not be accepted

2. Originality- If I see a person submitting a photograph with a girl giving a cat ice-cream and then you submit a boy giving dog ice-cream I am going to assume you stole the idea and it will not be accepted: Consequences first time disqualified from current trend, second time banned for 3 week and the third time banned permanently unless Under a circumstance I allow you in or if various people vouch for you

3. No copying- If I catch you stealing someones work, Google or any other source. Consequences: Same as originality

4. No re-posting- You cannot re-post same photograph you previously submitted in any other trend in this thread. Consequences: Same as rule number 2 and 3

5. No Photoshop- If I do not declare that the trend week will be a "Photoshop trend week" None will be tolerated UNLESS you are changing a color picture to black&white and vise verse

6.No negative comments- I will allow other members of AG to comment on the photographs but, nothing negative the only one allowed to post anything negative will be me and don't worry when i say negative i don't mean completely trash you.

7. Ideas- If you have an idea do not be afraid to ask just go on my PROFILE not this thread and post your idea and i will run it through

8. No Judging- No one can judge or choose a winner except me for now that is until I ever choose another judge but, if it is "People choice week" then people can vote and I will tally to votes only one vote per person and the people who submitted photographs may not vote.

9. Nothing inappropriate- We under AG rules so, no nudity, racism ect.

10. No profanity- I shouldn't have to explain this but, again we under AG rules. So, no profanity what so ever

11. One submission per entry- Only one photograph per person per trend week. If you resubmit the newer photograph will not be accepted.

12. Have fun- Just have fun don't, ruin someone else fun, no trolling, no flaming lets try to make this a fun friendly thread

• 96 Replies
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

No, not an actual merit A made up one by me Strop is still deciding but, if he says yes I will tell him to give one to you you and vampy. Post this on your page if you want.

Pedigree Approves! merit

Pedigree is thankful for your photograph that represents the awesomeness of animals everywhere! it was made in the dog house of Clifford, with the feather of an eagle, hair of well a hare and woven by spiders

Worth: Life time supply of dog food

Gives you ability to talk to animals

Made by Holladay15 distributed by Holladay15

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

This weeks trends

Trend: Shoes and Clothes

Event: People's choice

Due: June 7th 3:00 U.S.A eastern time

Yes, Shoes and clothes this will give you a chance to be able to arrange the photograph the way you want it can either be black&white or color. Also, if you noticed the event will be people's choice the people making entries may not enter. So, start inviting your friends and people from the AMW forum to come and vote! Good luck.

vampyriccadence
vampyriccadence
85 posts
Nomad

My entry:

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/vpa_kimsie/013Editnormcopy.jpg

In this photograph:
Myself, Tripod, Two Softboxes
1950's Pencil Skirt
Steve Madden 1950's Style Shoes
Modern Shirt idk where I got it

This was shortly before we moved, I do have edited versions, but I think the textured wall adds some fun, especially because our house was built in the 1960's! Go vintage!

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Hopefully people will rate this as a photograph and not rate you lol there are a lot of these crazy 16 year old kids *looks at profile* wait what? no, but, seriously good call on the textured wall does kind of add flavor to the photograph and it is interesting that you put yourself in the photograph there was this photographer I forget his name but, he would always place himself in his photograph but, subtly he migh have been a guy reading a newspaper or someone trying to catch a cab it was really cool.It just seems like a really fun photograph. now, we just have to see the other entries.

vampyriccadence
vampyriccadence
85 posts
Nomad

I didn't want to add a picture of one of my models because of the younger users! I'd rather face the comments than one of my girls. Plus, I rarely model, good practice.

Gevock
Gevock
49 posts
Nomad

Meh, I have nothing already with shoes and clothes and it's not really my style so I'm going to go ahead put in my vote for Vamp and ask if she could leave a comment on my profile of where she got her softboxes. I need to buy some eventually (when I have money not going to glass) and need to shop around. I'd be very thankful if you could provide a link also.

Amazing photo, lighting, pose, and style vamp. Hope you win.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Yeah, guys already Friday and only one entry! what did everyone get intimidated by vampy's entry! lol I might have to cancel this week. What do you guys think? should I cancel comment on my profile and tell me topics you would like to do and what events you would like.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

I never said that it was it can just be shoes and clothes but, I think vampy was trying to influence on the judges decision! *smack hammer on table* Oh, crap no my moms nice dining room table she is going to kill me! but, anyways no not a requirement

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Wait, so it can be just shoes and clothes? You are a bit confusing. Were you addressing Vampy? I be confuusd.

Sorry, I kind of left a big gap. What I meant to say in the first sentence was, "I never said you needed a model, it can just be shoes and clothes". Does that clarify?
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Jeol, I believe I said that I would allow RW format o.o

Gevock
Gevock
49 posts
Nomad

It's just your trend this week is a bit odd. If you had said sports, water, fire, light-drawings, star trails, or anything that is more open to creativeness, I would have participated. Shoes and clothes are just...not that interesting to me. Plus, Vamp already has this one in the bag.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

It's just your trend this week is a bit odd. If you had said sports, water, fire, light-drawings, star trails, or anything that is more open to creativeness, I would have participated. Shoes and clothes are just...not that interesting to me. Plus, Vamp already has this one in the bag.

Actually, you would be surprised at the awesome photograph taken when i was in middle school when doing a similar assignment. Like I said previously said when it comes to elements like sports,water and stars you can't manipulate the way you want to. So, I did this to kind of give you that option to see what you come up with. So,even though it's odd what are you going to do? stop? but yeah, vampy does because you decided to vote for her early without any other photographs up -.0
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

[quote]Oh! When do you say that?

I will allow RAW format from now on. In the begining i dind't think it was such an issue because i didn't think RAW was getting so, popular.
[/quote]

Pg. 4

When does this week end?

New Deadline: June 13th
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I didn't want to add a picture of one of my models because of the younger users!

What? I don't get it. Please explain what you mean.
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

What? I don't get it. Please explain what you mean.

She didn't want hormonal teenagers drooling over or insulting her models...
Showing 46-60 of 96