The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGood shelters in a zombie apocalypse?

9 1454
tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

Just exactly are good shelters or hiding places in a zombie apocalypse?

• 9 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

A barricaded city. A barricaded house, like a mansion with very high durable walls so that the zombies can't get in. If you can't find something like that, then it's best to just keep on traveling. A bomb shelter could be good as well, I doubt that they could get in there. Maybe malls, since they have durable doors.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

A hole in the ground. They'll never get to you!

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I heard that barricading yourself is never a good thing. The zombies won't get tired and leave, and they'll probably just multiply. Eventually you'll run out of food. So something camoflaged and temporary would be best, I think.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I'd figure that some of the best places would be:

- Either the North or South Pole

- An isolated, deserted island

- Tundra Area

Explanations:

The Poles would be good because there wouldn't be a very high chance that a zombie would wander over there, and even if they did, it usually wouldn't be in large amounts. Since zombie outbreaks usually don't happen in the Poles, and there are oceans in between the Poles and any other land, there wouldn't be many zombies. Although living there on your own is very dangerous.

An isolated island for the same reasons, except living on an island isn't as dangerous.

And a tundra area because of the same reasons as the other two. Except you may have a higher chance of encountering zombies.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I heard that barricading yourself is never a good thing. The zombies won't get tired and leave, and they'll probably just multiply. Eventually you'll run out of food.

But if it's a mansion and they don't know that anyone's there then it'd be good, and you could go out and get food when you have to.
Either the North or South Pole

Not a good idea if you want to actually live. There's no food there and it's really cold there.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Not a good idea if you want to actually live. There's no food
there and it's really cold there.

Actually, I'd plan on bringing lots of canned food and whatnot before actually going there, so that I'd last a long time. And when I run out, I'd hunt polar bears. Or penguins.

Take that, Tacky. :P

But yeah, you'd have to be very prepared/hardcore/crazy if you plan on going there. The slightest mistake in food, shelter, or hygiene would most likely result in death.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I forgot what the movie is called. Where one day a lady wakes up and her daughter is standing in the door way with blood on her face, then she attacks the husband and locks the daughter out of the room. The husband is dead on the bed, she is trying to call 911 - no answer. Then suddenly the husband comes back up and starts growling, the wife goes to the bathroom and gets out the window then goes to her car. She starts driving, then crashes when a zombie or person tries to steal her car. A police officer found her, then they started walking along in the forest and then they meet up with other people. Then they go to a mall where there are security guards hiding out, all the doors are locked.

Barricading in a mall would be good, it'd be something like that movie. Except make sure nobody messes up so that the zombies get in.

spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

i just prefer to choose a defendable location (old prisons work quite well) and hold out for as long as possible with armed people popping out from time to time to get food.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
248 posts
Nomad

How about a space station?

Showing 1-9 of 9