ForumsNews and Feedback"Who's got me added as a friend?" System

8 2821
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I really, really, doubt this has been mentioned in the past. Perhaps we could have some sort of list, search bar, or something to see who has added a certain user. Y'know, for curiosity's sake.

• 8 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I know it seems like a pretty useless idea, but haven't you ever wondered who has you added? I know I have at least 20 other users have got me added, from what I've seen on profiles.

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Well this won't be a problem at all with AG3, because in order to add someone, you need for them to accept it.
There's also already a 'Who's following me' system, to obviously see who's following your updates.

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

because in order to add someone, you need for them to accept it.

Pssh. I'd forget so fast. I don't even know who I'm friends with on Facebook to be honest. At least 400 people, but I'd have to check.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

This is already implemented in the beta version. When someone wants to add you then you receive a system message asking you to confirm. If you decline the 'friend' request then they are just followers and will appear on your follower list.

As for seeing who has added other users, you can see their friend/followers list from their profile on the beta.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

As others have stated, we already have all 3 views implemented in beta.

1. Friends
2. People I follow
3. People following me

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

When someone wants to add you then you receive a system message asking you to confirm. If you decline the 'friend' request then they are just followers and will appear on your follower list.

Just like facebook then! Great; I really like it!
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,524 posts
Farmer

What's the difference between who's my friend and who follows me? And can you both friend and follow someone?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Nurvana, you have different privacy settings for both friends and followers. For example, you might want to let everyone see which games you're playing, but only let followers know that you've submitted a high score, and only want friends to send you private messages.

As such, you cannot be a friend and follower of someone at the same time. We've built it as a hierarchy so friends are closer than followers, and followers are closer than 'everyone'.

Showing 1-8 of 8