ForumsNews and FeedbackProfile Search

14 3626
ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

In AGv3 you should be able to search profiles by date joined, country, rank, gender, and armatar!

• 14 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm don't understand how that would be useful or necessary for anything. But there is a improved search-bar on AG3 that searches for users and games better than on AG2.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I'm
I*

Also, could you explain how this idea would be useful for AG3? I don't think it would be because there's a search-bar that searches for users. I don't understand why you would like to search for someone who by date joined, country, rank, gender, and armatar. It seems pretty useless because you'll just get a lot of random people coming up in the search.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

In AGv3 you should be able to search profiles by date joined, country, rank, gender, and armatar!

Well, searching by rank, gender ETC... Is a good idea, it just doesn't seem very practical. Like Matrix said, you didn't really say how this would benefit AG3. Its a good idea, but it is just not very necessary.
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

global position and country position is necessary.maybe we will see

flurshy123
flurshy123
10 posts
Nomad

love the idea

ferfer313
ferfer313
260 posts
Nomad

Well It would be easier in this case! You find a funny profile, You love it, the next day you want to search it to show it to your friend but you forget the name but you remember he was a gold squire and you search for gold squires and you find him! Now your friend gets a laugh!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's not how it's going to turn out. There are tons of gold squires on the site, finding one out of that bunch will take a lot of time.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

There are tons of gold squires on the site, finding one out of that bunch will take a lot of time.

The same is true for all low ranks. Higher ranks tend to have fewer people. For example, there are only 19 Gold Kings/Queens. That number would reach 20 if thisisnotanalt became active enough to reach this rank.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We probably won't search on rank because we haven't even discussed internally if we're keeping the rank system.

Searching by country, maybe.

Gender is too general, almost 92% of our users who specify a gender claim that they are male, and there's no verification system.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Searching by country, maybe.

That may be too general, especially for the common ones like the United States.
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

There should be one because people tell me they have a file and the only way to get to it is to leave a comment on the thread so they can get to them

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

id4749, how does that have anything to do with a profile search?

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

love the idea

I agree; me too. I would love to see how many users there are from Sweden!
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

Good idea. It will help find profiles faster and easier.

Showing 1-14 of 14