The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDarn cat

16 3277
Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

How do I get my cat to stop pissing and taking **** on my desk

• 16 Replies
Latchem
Latchem
75 posts
Farmer

Kill it?

No, well "tell it" off (spank it...) then take it outside... that's what I do for my dog at least ;D

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

put it on a leash.
One end on something that wont fall (like a ladder will fall and a couch won't) and the other end on it's collar[i

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

How do I get my cat to stop pissing and taking **** on my desk

One...do you have a litter box? Two, is it ever locked in your room? Three, how old is it?
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

your cat might have a problem. we found our cat and we tried to "teach" him to use a litter box. we found him in a really bad shape so i think he is afraid when he is alone and just.... does it. you should first check if he is sick though

cowboysrule848
cowboysrule848
17 posts
Nomad

the nabors darn cat kept sitting on my dads car so he shot it, its hanging it his office, darn cat.

Kalb789
Kalb789
639 posts
Baron

Kill it?

i took my biology final today and it included a lab practical. there were three dead kittens in a pickle jar filled with preservatives...i didn't even know you could do that.
samabizzle
samabizzle
46 posts
Nomad

Well I'm no expert on cats, but this guy just might be

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Take it to some kind of class or train it your self.

Bladerunner679
Bladerunner679
2,487 posts
Blacksmith

unfortunately, once a cat gets set in its ways, it's near impossible to stop it. unless you have some miraculous trainer, can talk to cats, or trained it when it was a kitten, then you are pretty much stuck with a non-house-broken cat.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Totally agree. Maybe take it to a cat trainer and have him or her help you train your cat to use the Liter Box. It's gonna be tough but you can do it. Good luck.

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

Kill it?

No, well "tell it" off (spank it...) then take it outside... that's what I do for my dog at least ;D

I was trought that phase (thought I never spanked cat ;D) she learned to go outside and to her box but still she keeps ****ting on my desk

put it on a leash.
One end on something that wont fall (like a ladder will fall and a couch won't) and the other end on it's collar[i

Leashes are not kind of cat thing
I keep her In one room but still I can't hold her for long

your cat might have a problem. we found our cat and we tried to "teach" him to use a litter box. we found him in a really bad shape so i think he is afraid when he is alone and just.... does it. you should first check if he is sick though

I teached her to use the box and she's doing it pretty well but still from time to time she goes to do It on my desk/PC

the nabors darn cat kept sitting on my dads car so he shot it, its hanging it his office, dar

Mine is always on my car but I don't find it as a problem

unfortunately, once a cat gets set in its ways, it's near impossible to stop it. unless you have some miraculous trainer, can talk to cats, or trained it when it was a kitten, then you are pretty much stuck with a non-house-broken cat.

It kind of sucks that my cat is never on my desk, never spends time on it, just goes to pee on it -.-

Totally agree. Maybe take it to a cat trainer and have him or her help you train your cat to use the Liter Box. It's gonna be tough but you can do it. Good luck.

I have kind of trained what I want her to do, but when it comes in what I doesen't want her to do there goes a problem, so I allow her to do everything
iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

Cats learn how to use a litter box from their mothers. That if why if you have a cat that has a feral mother they are hard to litter train.

You may want to try cleaning the desk with something like Natures Miracle (They have ones made just for cats) or, my favorite pet cleaner, The Dog Whisperer brand cleaner. You may want to try a repellent like Pet Organics No-Mark for Cats or some other cat repellant on the area.

Basically you want to try and remove any linger urine smell that your cat can detect in the area.

Also is your cat fixed?

Like other have said a cat going to the bathroom outside of their litter box can be an indication or some illness, so a vet check up can't hurt. Plus they may have other ways or things that you can try if it is not health related.

Haku1234567890
Haku1234567890
1,720 posts
Nomad

Also is your cat fixed?

Like other have said a cat going to the bathroom outside of their litter box can be an indication or some illness, so a vet check up can't hurt. Plus they may have other ways or things that you can try if it is not health related.

She was to vet few months ago, but nothing strange from then
vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Is it a male cat or a female one? Because male cats are known for their euwm pissing beheaviour, lol. To make their home their territory they want to make it smell like them, they do this with urine.

So if you have a male cat you should consider castration, because this will make that urge to have a territory less

If you have a female cat you could consider going to a vet

iheart801
iheart801
71 posts
Nomad

She was to vet few months ago, but nothing strange from then

I would then try one of the pet cleaning products and something like the No mark I mentioned. And see if that helps.

You could also try adding products to the litter box that are supposed to help attract cat to it.

I don't know what type of pet supply stores you have near you. If they don't have anything like those products you may have to buy them online.

Hopefully they will help. Since you said she was trainable. I would also just keep rewarding the good behaviors to reinforce them.
Showing 1-15 of 16