ForumsGamesWas Portal creepy to you?

12 5047
deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I'm currently playing Portal (I'll play Portal 2 when I finish it) and *Spoiler Alert* I'm in chamber 16 where you first encounter the turrets (I though GlaDOS was my friend ) and I'm very, very, very creeped out. It's a good 9/10 on the creepy scale. */Spoiler Alert*

I'm also creeped out by the cameras the follow you're every movement.

So did Portal creep you out in anyway? And if yes, why?

• 12 Replies
Igor27
Igor27
3 posts
Nomad

No. If you think this is creepy just wait to see the...i'll gonna ruin the surprise.... Portal 2 easter eggs are really creepy because some blow up your mind and others scare like hell like the musical turrets(you think you're gonna be turned in swiss cheese but they just start singing)

deathopper
deathopper
1,567 posts
Nomad

I finish chamber 16. Well I think it was more than a panic than being creeped out. And I was kinda suspicious about the first of Ratmen's den.
And by the way the Rattman's den in chamber 17 is hilarious.

Rifle1
Rifle1
102 posts
Nomad

Portal wasn't scary. It was funny as hell! I remember, when you first finish the "speedy in, speedy out" level, GlaDOS goes"wheeeeeeeeeeee" I laughed, because it waws unexpected. A lot of unexpected things happened, but they were all pretty funny.

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

All the jokes in the portal games are very funny and entertaining. The humor can be a little off, but portal is a creepy game if you really think about it. A robot has trapped you in a testing area, talks to you, and wants to KILL you!! That's a little scary, but nonetheless funny.

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

No not really, because i kno its not real. haha, if its real, i'll be scared for sure. No doubt about it!

Draconigena
Draconigena
102 posts
Nomad

Yeah, the Ratman chambers in Portal 2 were kind of eerie. Especially the first one with the radio.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

it was a bit out there, portal. What got me was the mystery at the end of Portal 1, and GLaDos is very unnerving at times...

-Chillz <3 Portal

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

Portal 1 was quite creepy. What creeped me out the most was when I went into one of the chambers and there were pictures of the Companion Cube, taking the place of people's heads.

Creepy.

Portal 2 wasn't creepy, though. It lost the creepiness, except for the Ratman chambers.

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Portal 2 wasn't creepy, though. It lost the creepiness, except for the Ratman chambers.
I agree, for the most part. Portal 2 was more... eerie, especially in the Cave area.
Dylanator
Dylanator
89 posts
Nomad

I could answer if I ever played any of the Portal games.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

I personally think Half Life 2 is more creepy then Portal.

Which episode?

I'm currently playing Half-Life 2: Episode 0, and it's not really creepy to me.
Shinigami07
Shinigami07
6 posts
Nomad

Portal is a little creepy but in a good way.Both Portal 1 and 2 are epic.

Showing 1-12 of 12