ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162280
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
candyman222
candyman222
59 posts
Nomad

yes like konget you can do that whiel playing a game

and i am a beta tester and it gets pretty boring after a bit

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

and i am a beta tester and it gets pretty boring after a bit

What gets boring? But, yeah like that being able to chat while playing games. That way you get out of the forum but, you keep in touch with the people in it.
NitroDex
NitroDex
2 posts
Nomad

wait,wait will that be chat for all of logged users or i call example cormyn and only us two chatting or what?

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

wait,wait will that be chat for all of logged users or i call example cormyn and only us two chatting or what?

Ahh, that is true. Well, what I am hoping for is a msn kind of thing where you invite some one to chat not really a "chatroom"
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Because we don't know what chat engine we're going to use, we can't speculate on whether we'll have something like Facebook's user chat system, or be able to invite to a private chat room with a password.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I don't think a webcam chat would work on the likes of this. A chatroom is a brilliant dea, regardless of what format it comes in - sounds brilliant.

JamesTKirk
JamesTKirk
1 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be a personal chat that can be used for Armor Games friends only.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

most chat rooms I know of have a private messaging feature that just puts up another tab from the main chat. anything more than that might be overkill... but when you think about it. The facebook "group" chats that are a recent development allow the same functionality as a chatroom... plus coupled w/ uniquely uploaded armatars having the user's pics put up in a small picture similar to fb would allow us to know who is on and hovering the mouse over similar pics would tell us their name if we didn't know. but the problem I see with that is... that to be similar to facebook you have to be similar to facebook. ...and I dunno if you could do that. but the placement and toggling on and off (collapsing) would minimize the amount of space it'd take up and you could surf any and all pages w/o much of a problem. (that problem being... a large square and discussion just stuck there on the side of the page.

i've scimmed over the discussions... if you've already discussed this chat style... then I'm sorry for bringing it back up...its just difficult to jump in when the conversations have already accumulated 100000000 posts you have to read to catch up on

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

i want it
it will be fun for AG users.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

I think that there should be a personal chat that can be used for Armor Games friends only.

Yes, I would like this as well. when I am chatting someone I want to chat with someone I met on forums and actually talk to them and stuff and have them as friends not a random placement in chat room with people I might have never known in the forum.
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I prefer one-on-one conversations rather than group conversations. I never talk in groups, not even in real life. I feel... Overwhelmed.

Well, Group chat is one thing a chat room is another I would like a group chat where you invite your friend not a chatroom.
FearRiver
FearRiver
13 posts
Farmer

I think group chatting would be a great idea, maybe allowing users to help each other/give tips on some games one user has played and the other has not.

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

But I would like to chat with other then my friends. Not like in fb.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

But I would like to chat with other then my friends. Not like in fb.

Then there should be both a friends only chat and a more open chat.
sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

Then there should be both a friends only chat and a more open chat.

this seems slightly pointless to me, I mean it would only work if it was you and one other user, because with most people their friends are not friends with eachother, if the chat was open to your friends and their friends it would just become an open chat, a private chat rooms system would probab;y work much better than any friends related system
Showing 46-60 of 504