ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162586
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

the person who made the chat room the system should make the user an automatic chat moderator

We've already discussed this, we won't give "moderator" status to any regular user in the chat system. And we haven't even decided whether to allow private rooms or not.
crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

Eehhh.... Maybe there could be a censor, that could be set on sensitivity levels.

jtjackdog
jtjackdog
36 posts
Shepherd

when does this come out?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Maybe there could be a censor, that could be set on sensitivity levels.

We've already discussed this.

when does this come out?

The live chat system won't be available at AG3 launch time. It's a feature we're going to work on after AG3 is finished.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

We've already discussed this, we won't give "moderator" status to any regular user in the chat system. And we haven't even decided whether to allow private rooms or not.

what i mean is, that the person who made the chat room has the power to ban the user who's saying mean things, spamming, trolling etc. thats what i meant, is the person who made the chat room has the power to ban in that specific chat room.
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

:=0 Chat? I see every user who watched the hundred locked threads on this topic in 2008 staring in disbelief.

Will there be standard chat rooms and game chats? Like a few 'Big' rooms about topics such as Flash games and Random discussion? And chat rooms for specific games? Would be totally cool for games like Colony and such.

I personally do NOT like the idea of private rooms. The reason is is only makes mod life harder, and people feeling excluded/exclusive. And it would thin out users across more rooms, which kind of sucks.

On-site. You'll see an indicator counter in the top right corner of the screen when activities happen. Obviously we haven't hooked up any forum engine yet, so you won't see activities when someone replies to a forum topic you started/follow.

YES! This is like one of the features the AG users have been waiting forever on. A feature to see what is happening on AG without sifting through all the profiles and threads, refreshing the whole time. The feature will be similar to what happens on Facebook? A little blue box that notifies you?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

the person who made the chat room has the power to ban the user

What part of "we're not giving moderator controls to regular users" didn't make sense?

Will there be standard chat rooms and game chats?

We don't know yet. Personally, I like Kongregate's forum system that has a forum for many of their bigger games for chatter, but I'm not sure that would work well for a live chat system. No point having 2000 chat rooms with nobody in most of them. We'd probably start with a few "general purpose" rooms, and expand them from there. Maybe one for support, I dunno. I'm open to suggestions.
kingofwar1234
kingofwar1234
605 posts
Peasant

WAIT WAIT WAIT .... i got an idea... its kinda like kongregate(like cormyn mensioned earlier). its a chat room for the major/any game... and maybe in the community, but heres the idea part. if there are chat rooms by games, community etc., the chat rooms arent worth armor points. my sister is watching this... im kinda creeped out

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

its a chat room for the major/any game

I doubt we'd make a chat room for that many games.

if there are chat rooms by games, community etc., the chat rooms arent worth armor points.

Chat would never be worth points anyway.
soniclover22
soniclover22
50 posts
Nomad

I just want to say that when this does go through, make sure that if you ban someone from your chat they stay banned from that chat.
I don't want them to come back with a vengeance (ROBLOX has this problem)

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
518 posts
Nomad

Will the chat rooms have a limit on the amount of people that can join?

TysonD
TysonD
35 posts
Farmer

Flash based and it would be nice to have some sort of filtering system for language

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

it would be nice to have some sort of filtering system for language

Yes it would. However, I think the best profanity filter is the same one used on the AG forums. Shell Shock Live has a profanity filter, but it's stupid.
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

I say no. That's an invitation for spammers. If you wanna chat with your AG buddies, go to an oitside chat, like Counting Time.

salvation1
salvation1
3 posts
Peasant

there should be rules and guidlines to follow allowing a full potential on a safe and friendly chat room.

Showing 106-120 of 504