The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 Tournament

342 64713
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, well as we all know, Exit Path 2 is going to be released. Since we now have confirmation from John that there will be private rooms, I think that a tournament is in order since so many people have been wanting to do that.

This tournament will be set 3 days after the official game(not the beta) is released. That way we can get to know the stages a little first. So expect this to happen around the July-August area.

Number of participants will depend on how many people apply. I plan for this not to be more than about 64 or 128 people, so if more than that apply(unlikely), I will simply do a first come first served basis.

Here are the rules to enter:

1. You must have played at last 1,000 matches on the original Exit Path.
2. You must sign up on here by simply stating you want to enter.
3. When you sign up, post your stats (meaning matches,wins, etc.) so I know that you have at least 1,000 matches
, and your win %from Exit Path(original) will determine your seeding, much like in a professional sports league.

As for racing rules, I can't post many right now because we don't really know the gameplay yet.
The only rules right now is that the rooms will be 4 people each.
Also, those who were given access to the beta will be put into the same 1st round mtaches whenever possible because those who playd the beta will have an unfair advantage over those who did not.

How to advance to next round:
Each room will play 25 races, with the 2 plyers with the most wins will advance to the next round.
This will continue until we are down to only 2 players remaining, where the 2 will play 1 final round of 15 races.

Also, Epicness raised a point to me that might be interesting that if maybe a mod. or admin. agrees, maybe the winner of the tournament will get a merit. Keep in mind this is not for sure, just a thought.

Thank you for reading all this(if you were crazy enough to read all this), and please enter.

• 342 Replies
GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

We'll all just have to stay at my house for a few days.

Would be nice, playing ep, eating something and drink alcohol.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,340 posts
Farmer

Though one issue I have, is that the Beta testers will have a very obvious advantage against people that didn't get an invitation. Maybe make 2 seperate Tournament groups (Beta/Non-Beta) and the winners of each group fight in the finals? Seems like a good solution.

i thought he could just give more time before the tournament would start
dillsoccer
dillsoccer
147 posts
Nomad

maybe all of this will be in the next exit path

G33KOfISuxAtExitPath
G33KOfISuxAtExitPath
44 posts
Blacksmith

i just wonder if i can watch this tourney later on youtube
would be so nice if some1 actually recorded it ^^

btw my EP stats are 6300 matches with 5200 wins but i`m not participating since original EP is laggying like hell for me
EP2 with its improved graphic and features wil be laggying like hell for me i guess
too pity i can`t participate

MagicTales
MagicTales
5 posts
Nomad

cool man
i must have played way over 10,000 matches now but since most of them i played was in my guest account... so bummer. well but i will post another thread here with the proper stats XD

~magic

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

won't be a problem, but what about all the timezones? :S

It's called arranging times with your opponent ;D

Timezones or not, Everyone has time eventually.
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Spot on Kenty

GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
97 posts
Nomad

Timezones or not, Everyone has time eventually.

ok, what about that they have to be here at 10 am. In Japan, australia, germany, usa, poland,.. everywhere other timezones . When will they have to be here, then?
I don't think that the tournament director(z) will look for all different timezones.
GhostOfZero
GhostOfZero
29 posts
Peasant

Just say 10 am PST, then people can do the math.

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I will join. Eastern US.

daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

the entering rules are weird and unfair to people who just starting playing exit path and then they just want to play in the tournament so they should make two tournaments for amateurs and &quotros"

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

I have over 1000 races, and 410+ wins.

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Why can't you just say: "Guy A fights Guy B"

Then they organise whenever both of them have time and report the results after that?

It's really not that complicated.

the entering rules are weird and unfair to people who just starting playing exit path and then they just want to play in the tournament so they should make two tournaments for amateurs and &quotros"

Not to sound like a ******, but this tournament isn't really made for newbies. If it's a problem for you, why not just make your own? Not like THIS tournament is anywhere but the planning phase.

Besides why would you want to enter a tournament (as a newb), knowing that very good players will attend? :S
Zultimategamer2000
Zultimategamer2000
430 posts
Nomad

Okay, I have read the comments(28 already? I just posted this last night!), and here are my answers to them.

@thebluerabbit I know that the maximum is at least 6, but first off, to ensure fairness, I am planning on getting volunteers to watch and record the matches so that we know no one is lying. Also, most tournaments are usually 1-on-1 matches, but since I would like this to take as little time as possible, they will be 4 men(or women) matches. One reason is to reduce lag, and also because 4 is a multiple of 2.

As for those who's data was erased, I know some of you who's data was erased, but not everyone, just please post it with your best guess as to what your stats were.

If any of you would like to volunteer to watch a round of matches, it would be most appreciated. Otherwise, I'll do it by myself, but that would greatly slow down the time of the tournament.

As for the time zone issues, When I make a match, I will ask those players their time zones and make a fair time so that they may each come at a reasonable hour since no one in the world can possibly be more than 12 hours ahead of anyone.

Also, I have thought of a new rule. To make things a bit faster, the watcher(me or a volunteer) will keep time for when the match begins. If you are late to your match by 5 or more minutes you will be disqualified. 4 minutes or less is okay, and you will not be disqualified.

Does that sound fair or not? If no, tell me what you think the time limit to get to your match should be.

As for the question of Beta users vs. non-Beta users, I have said that I will put all beta users in the same first round matches. Of course, If the number of Beta testers is not a factor of 4, the highest seeds from the non-Beta entrees will be pitted against the remainder of the Beta users.

As for the sake of noobs not being able to play, not really. You only need 1,000 matches. That can be done in a matter of 1 week, and Exit Path 2 likely will likely not be released until late June at the earliest. That's at least 1 month to get 1,000 matches.

Lastly, Malkoir, I understand you are considered one of the best, but please post your wins. I do not want to trust your (could be true could be false. I don't know because I haven't played in a long time) saying you have a 93% win%, without either consent from other players, or me having played you and seen your win%.

I will answer any more questions that pop up tonight at around 8 o'clock (Eastern Time), so please post them by then. The next time I will post answers to your questions will after that will be tomorrow at 9 o'clock(eastern Time).

SoymasterYos
SoymasterYos
971 posts
Nomad

Do I qualify, or should I send you a screenshot?

Showing 16-30 of 342