The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernInsomnia! ftw!

18 2601
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

I have serious insomnia, and usually get either very few or no hours of sleep at all, so i thought i would create this thread so my fellow insomniacs would have a place to talk to people with the same problem. Hope this goes to good use.

• 18 Replies
TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

I used to have insomnia. my trick is to try to stay awake. thats the only way i manage to tire myself out lol

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

wow lol. I get tired but my mind doesnt want to shut down. i'll lay there staring at the ceiling all night, tossing and turning, and never get to sleep. Its annoying

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Thats one other thing ive learned from being an insomniac. if you just dont move your body youll get to sleep much faster

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I get tired but my mind doesnt want to shut down. i'll lay there staring at the ceiling all night, tossing and turning, and never get to sleep.

Your mind is active, so the idea is to make it wind down. I can do this by reading a book, or counting prime numbers. The thing with books is to pick one thats calm and not filled with action. So Harry Potter < Wookie the Chew.
Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

The thing is, counting numbers and reading doesnt make me go to sleep either. Generally, the only time im able to sleep and sleep soundly, is after a day where i got up early, did a lot of physical activity, and had a lot of stress. Sadly, i seem to sleep best after an emotionally exhausting day.

shailajaisrani
shailajaisrani
274 posts
Nomad

i have a tinie tiny bit of insomnia. it's not a lot, but i have enough to annoy me

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

Sadly, i seem to sleep best after an emotionally exhausting day.

I hate you.

Just kidding, but that kinda sucks.
budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

try melatonin. its a hormone that ur body naturally creates. u may have a lack of melatonin in your body so u can take a supplement which you can get from any drug store. 2 mg is a good starting dosage. take one every night about 30 min before u are ready to go to sleep and it will make u tired. i used to suffer from insomnia, it sucked. now i dont haha. hurray! if u have any other questions relating to insomnia hmu

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

my trick is to try to stay awake.

I tried that for a while, ended up being awake for about 30 hours then sleeping for about 12. Really messed up my internal clock, which was already quite messed up.

Anyways, what I'm trying to do now (trying, but failing, because I love to sleep) is not sleeping for as long, so I get tired much quicker. Though, as I'm typing this, it's 5 AM, so I can't say I've managed to take control of my sleeping either.
budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

I am seriously telling anyone with sleep problems who dont want to use medication just take melatonin. its completely natural and works!

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I have serious insomnia, and usually get either very few or no hours of sleep at all, so i thought i would create this thread so my fellow insomniacs would have a place to talk to people with the same problem. Hope this goes to good use.

I had this problem last year and found the solution,

1. Use an Air Conditioner (a small window unit) when it is warm and use a vaporizing humidifier (it doesn't cool down the air as much) when its cold. These create "white" noises which silence noises made from dishwashers, water heaters, airplanes (jets mostly, Highways, ETC...

2. Get up earlier! E.G. You go to bed at 9:30-10:00 PM, but you get up at 8:00-9:00 AM. Try maybe getting up at around 6:00-7:00 AM. It may help if you don't get up early.

Hope this helps some!
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

W

O
INSOMNIA!
O

T

Although really, it's a pain. I can never sleep until i'm dead tired, and then I can't stay asleep for more than 3-4 hours at most.

take melatonin

Tried it, didn't do anything for me.
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

one thing you can do is read school text books or just study in general... it kills my drive to be awake almost instantly lol

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,502 posts
Farmer

Thanks for the help you guys. I have taken actual prescribed sleeping pills before, but my body seems to reject every effort I make to tire myself out. I have tried melatonin, and didnt do anything for me. If anything, when i take things to help me go to sleep, it makes me have even more trouble.

metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

Consume large amounts of alcohol before going to bed. Works every time.

Showing 1-15 of 18