ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140997
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

I think you should see what you have to do if you want to get an achievement

Yeah, I think they're going to do that, like having a tab on games with achievements that show you them. I don't think they'd just make achievements and not show somewhere what the achievements are, that'd be useless.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I think you should see what you have to do if you want to get an achievement

Most of them ought to be like that. But like PSN, there will be some hidden trophies in certain games.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

But like PSN, there will be some hidden trophies in certain games.

Hidden achievements are not a given, but such an option would be good.
WoShiJiawei
WoShiJiawei
4 posts
Nomad

I love the idea of achievements!

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

what if we have already done loads of these things will we still get the achiments??
(\\__/)
(o'.'o)
(&quot___(&quot

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

what if we have already done loads of these things will we still get the achiments??

No. They'd probably need a large enough server in the past.
steu
steu
43 posts
Nomad

i havent idea!

Sparkyboy6
Sparkyboy6
30 posts
Peasant

Achievements such as: 1000 Posts on forum or 1000 games rated or 1000 game comments, that stuff is more intresting to me, and possibly more towards the people who enjoy the forum side of AG, having debates, finding others opinions, etc.
I know I find the forums quite engaging and intresting to post in.

I would love that if it happened too! I am looking forward to achievements so much!
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

[quote]Achievements such as: 1000 Posts on forum or 1000 games rated or 1000 game comments, that stuff is more intresting to me, and possibly more towards the people who enjoy the forum side of AG, having debates, finding others opinions, etc.
I know I find the forums quite engaging and intresting to post in.

I would love that if it happened too! I am looking forward to achievements so much![/quote]

Actually, achievements (and AP) will be for games, not community involvement.
HolyDiver329
HolyDiver329
70 posts
Nomad

It would be cool if you unlocked certain points for the achievements that could be used to purchase items in a special shop. The objects could be titles, page flairs, objects in games like exit path, or armatars or whatever you guys think of.

darthgohan1
darthgohan1
4 posts
Nomad

it'd be neat to get badges to display on your profile from the achievements

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

It would be cool if you unlocked certain points for the achievements that could be used to purchase items in a special shop. The objects could be titles, page flairs, objects in games like exit path, or armatars or whatever you guys think of.

This is a very good idea, but I think it's a little difficult to make objects useful in games or other things like those.
IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

I really don't mind if you get AP for the achievments or not because I like to get them for my own satisfaction

jordantt1
jordantt1
1 posts
Nomad

I thank it would be awesome

deltora97
deltora97
3 posts
Nomad

i think that if you did this then more people would be interested in it and try to get the achievements.i don't think that points should be added to them because this would only show how well you have been doing and how much you have accomplished.

Showing 181-195 of 484