ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141077
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
strangeperson
strangeperson
68 posts
Nomad

I have seen other flash game websites with achievements and it has worked really well.

Crimos
Crimos
1 posts
Nomad

j'aime vos idées !

jightrodx
jightrodx
2 posts
Peasant

I think acheivements are a great idea for this website, because obiously people love this website, it has a lot of great games and producers. Keep working on AG3

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

yea achievements like kongregate would be sick

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

if the achievements gave u AP points that'd be sweet, and if u could show off the best ones in like a gallery

KillerCrack
KillerCrack
7 posts
Nomad

Getting AP points for achievements is awesome. I really like the gallery idea that @benjaminio had.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

maybe if the gallery had like two sections, mayb the ones that were worth the most AP points, and say section where u could show off the ones that u chose, so maybe funny ones or something

eskatz
eskatz
14 posts
Peasant

I really like the idea of a site-wide achievement system. I think the most important thing is to try to get game designers on board with it. I am more interested in achievements for playing games than ones for forum posts because I go on game sites to play games more than post on the forum... Seems logical to me.

JellyBlade
JellyBlade
3 posts
Nomad

Armorgames is my favorite gaming website.... now with achievements coming up. That title is stuck for good. I love the idea of achivements, always made me feel like I accomplished something in life.

horkak
horkak
7 posts
Peasant

achievments sound greaet If I may suggest something it would be on games that already have achieevments we could have a get all achievments o this game achievmnet

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

@Horkak:
I think that's what they're aiming for with the achievements idea and probably putting their own into the game. Like on Pel if you score 30,000 points you'll get some points, if you finish below four minutes in Exit Path you'll get some points, and so on.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

yea that would be sick

jightrodx
jightrodx
2 posts
Peasant

achievements like kongregate would be sweet because, in my opinion, armorgames has a better selection on games than a lot of other gaming websites.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

yea thats true, but wat kongregate has is the achievements, i guess thats why so many people love that site

Lulzshock
Lulzshock
19 posts
Blacksmith

Achievements being tied to Armor Points would be freaking wonderful.

Showing 196-210 of 484