ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141076
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

yea it would, and then u couldnt be able to lose them like if one of ur posts gets deleted

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Well, you could lose them if they think you are hacking games, but aside from that, nope, you won't lose achievements you've earned.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

I was thinking, with the achievements, wouldn't it be fun to have several or one or two secret ones, that don't tell you how to get them?
that could make it interesting and create a challenge that I think many people would enjoy in a game.

I know a few games that have in-game secret achievements, like Raze 2. Like thoses ones, it would be fun wouldn't it?

dazibit
dazibit
1 posts
Nomad

maybe there could be an achievements page =D

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I was thinking, with the achievements, wouldn't it be fun to have several or one or two secret ones, that don't tell you how to get them?

But someone would just find the secret achievement and then post it and everyone would know how to get it.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

But someone would just find the secret achievement and then post it and everyone would know how to get it.

But the fun would last for a while before they found out, and I think that many people would just ignore those posts and try to find them themselves
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Something like a challenge where you had to find an achievement in a game and get it? Sounds okay, but with the lack of admins posting in these forums I don't think they'd get to read this.
maybe there could be an achievements page

Do you mean like a page to see all available achievements or a page where you could see the achievements you got? Or both? Well, I'd expect them to have both on the site, otherwise we wouldn't know what games have achievements or not.
SquirrelMaster0282
SquirrelMaster0282
454 posts
Nomad

I think games should also have secret armatar awards where if you accomplish a certain achievement you get a new armatar.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I think games should also have secret armatar awards where if you accomplish a certain achievement you get a new armatar.

That is actually a pretty good idea. That sounds like the title system in CoD.
bdogg214ever
bdogg214ever
44 posts
Nomad

I think that you should get points on what you do throughout a game. For instance, if you are playing a game such as shell shocked live and you win some games in a row, you should get a point. It would give people more of an insenive to play the game.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That'd be too easy. Instead on a game like Shell Shock Live you'd have to reach a certain level. Like getting 5 points for reaching level 10, 15-20 for reaching level 25, and something like 40-60 for reaching level 40. Having too many achievements in games and making them too easy would make it boring.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

That sounds like a great idea, especially if they've been created by someone specifically for that game. Say for something like bad eggs online you would have an egg of some sort
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

From what the admins mentioned in the armatars thread they're going to let everyone use whichever picture they want, and they possibly turn on and off the seasonal/holiday armatars. I'm not saying that idea is bad, but it probably won't happen from what they've said.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Ah ok, thanks anyway

Nate388
Nate388
9 posts
Nomad

[quote]

Flag
Here's an idea:
Everytime you get an achievement, you'll get Armor Points depending on it's difficulty.
It would be great if you did this, but anyways Achievements are still cool.
I really like this idea

Showing 211-225 of 484