ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 141082
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That's what they have planned for AG3, otherwise I don't think a lot of people would want to get achievements.

billybobjo2
billybobjo2
135 posts
Nomad

achievements would slow down the site unless it was run on a computer memory or outside source....but that would be cool

BRAAINZz
BRAAINZz
787 posts
Nomad

achievements would add more fun to the site, and also a purpose, but i also think it way slow down the site. maybe armor games should reserve some hard drives for achievements and such...

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They'll have it figured out and if somehow it does slow down the site then they'll fix it. I doubt they'd want a bunch of us complaining about lag.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Achievements on kongregate are probably what makes the site so appealing to so many, but with achievements on AG it will be king! I'm sure they wouldn't let the site lag up, players are too important.

dragonico
dragonico
474 posts
Nomad

achievements would add more fun to the site, and also a purpose, but i also think it way slow down the site. maybe armor games should reserve some hard drives for achievements and such...

I agree. It would be cool to have achievements in another way to get points. But what kind of achievements?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

But what kind of achievements?

Example: In Flight you would get an achievement for completing the whole game.

They'd have things such as that. Rewarding points for things accomplished in flash games.
BlackDrago
BlackDrago
10 posts
Nomad

Oh finnaly!Make it like the Kongregate system!
So you have some satisfaction for beating the game or that you can prove it to your friend.

ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

I think Armor Games would be ten times better if you did something like on Kongregate. It's kind of dumb that the only points you get from playing games is for rating them (and sometimes getting merits, but it's very unlikely).

George986
George986
7 posts
Nomad

i think that achievements would be a great idea

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

Armor points most definitely for achievements and badges.
For finishing the game too.
Like there should be points for every extra you discover on concerned Joe.
though some games points can't be rewarded because of the set up and such.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

though some games points can't be rewarded because of the set up and such.

I'm sure the game developers or the AG3 people will figure out some way to have achievements in every game, for example, in any game finishing it, or if it's one of those endless ones, maybe a certain score level.
eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

They'll just need to make sure they have people willing to sort through hundreds of games and program them for achievements. But i suppose that's all the administrators choice.

ablr
ablr
133 posts
Nomad

They'll just need to make sure they have people willing to sort through hundreds of games and program them for achievements. But i suppose that's all the administrators choice.

Or they could just add them to the ones made after AG3 is out.
Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

I know on the Pogo game site, you had to have a certain prerequisite to unlock challenges and such. Some would be purchases, some would be weekly challenges. I feel achievements and challenges in this case could work hand in hand. Maybe add a challenge feature, and then have an achievement for "Complete all weekly challenges" or "Complete __ number of purchased challenges."

Showing 226-240 of 484