ForumsNews and FeedbackAchievements Suggestion

484 140705
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hey everyone,

Here's a sticky thread to put achievement-based ideas and discussion.

Our plan is to engage game developers to send us periodic information about your game play, such as how many castles you've toppled in Crush the Castle, or how many times your dinosaur jumped in Treadmillasaurus Rex, etc. and that these pieces of information would accumulate to award you 'achievements' on AG3.

We're actively designing and building the achievement system right now, so as we have information, we'll share it here, but we're welcome to listen to ideas and feedback along the way.

• 484 Replies
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

what do you mean for translating them to other languages?

For people who don't speak English as their primary language, it will be more understandable/translatable.

I don't think the achievements will be called shields

From what I see Larry working on, the achievements will be shield-shaped, but we'll still call them Achievements.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So do we ask the developers on this site to make an Achievement for AG3 or how does that work?

Yeah, once we finish building the achievement system, users can start asking their favorite game developers to add our achievement system to their games. Still, it's up to them to add them.
Xcalibur45
Xcalibur45
1,830 posts
Farmer

Yeah, once we finish building the achievement system, users can start asking their favorite game developers to add our achievement system to their games. Still, it's up to them to add them.

Ya I understand, now will you notify us users so we can give the Developers some suggestions or is that ok now?
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, the achievement system isn't finished yet, so there's nothing that game developers can do about it until we release the software for them to add this to their games.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

just wait and we will see what they do

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

From what I see Larry working on, the achievements will be shield-shaped, but we'll still call them Achievements.

I like the combination of the ideas from multiple admins, especially with the proper format (shape of a shield but it is called Achievements). Also, some achievements should have layers to it depending on how much of something is done.
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
468 posts
Nomad

There are actually acheivements for some games (Gretel and Hansel), but on different sites. Will the acheivements be added to those games? Or only the newer games?

sprooschicken
sprooschicken
1,147 posts
Nomad

so what if you played a game and competed everything in AG2, and then an achievement for something you had already done was in AG3 would you get the achievement automatically or will all game progress be deleted

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

but on different sites. Will the acheivements be added to those games?

The game developer would rebuild their game with our achievement system and put the new version of the game back here on our site.

so what if you played a game and competed everything in AG2, and then an achievement for something you had already done was in AG3 would you get the achievement automatically or will all game progress be deleted

That might be up to the game developer. If they add an achievement, and have a way to detect that you've completed that achievement, the game could unlock that achievement for you. However, if the game developer doesn't track that stuff already (ie, how many turtles you smashed in Epic Combo), then you'd have to start all over.
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

The achievements which give AP is a good idea, but I wonder if some persons will hack the game to unlock them all easily. I hope a hacking protecting system will be updated for AG3.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

This is something we need to discuss with Joey, since achievement data will go through his AGI library. We'll do our best to make it hack-proof, but it'll also be easy enough to remove an achievement from someone if we find they're hacking.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

We'll do our best to make it hack-proof

Certainly, yes. There is always a danger on a website. Anyone which want to cheat can hack AG and get all the games finished easily. And his AP will grow fast.
eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

The achievements which give AP is a good idea, but I wonder if some persons will hack the game to unlock them all easily. I hope a hacking protecting system will be updated for AG3.

who is hacker there?
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

That's a thing a cannot know, the hackers hide their identity, but I think there are bad persons thinking only about annoy other players.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The latest things to tease you about Achievements:

- Every single Achievement you gain from games will give you AG3 points towards your "AG Score"

- Achievements will be given for "legacy" stats, like your AG2 points, rank, forum posts (maybe), etc. but these Achievements will NOT award points towards your "AG Score"

- Achievements will not unlock any armatars in the first phase of development. Any game-related armatars will be unlocked as soon as the game is available on the site.

- USERS CAN BE BANNED FROM GAINING ACHIEVEMENTS (and therefore, points). If we find you cheating, hacking, glitching, etc., to gain Achievements, we can ban you from Achievements. This ban may be temporary or permanent, and may include the wiping out of all Achievements.

- Any Achievements we delete (by discontinuing an Achievement, or from cheaters) will also remove the points they awarded. This is similar to how our existing system removes points if we delete a game comment, forum post, etc.

Showing 31-45 of 484