The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernAre you an Otaku?

6 2413
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

Every person I've met in school thing anime is some mystical thing that only Japanese people know about. I was wondering about your thoughts on anime and if you are if fact an Otaku?

• 6 Replies
knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I don't hold much of an sustained interested when it comes to anime and manga. Though, it's an admirable style of cartooning.

Yes, just wait for the otakus (or former otakus) to start yapping about their thoughts.

caffeine101
caffeine101
87 posts
Nomad

otaku is a Japanese term used to refer to people with obsessive interests. it really just means "geek" in japanese slang.

lostmanfound
lostmanfound
124 posts
Nomad

I'm not an otaku or what ever but i did really enjoy death note

Avorne
Avorne
3,085 posts
Nomad

Here's a more detailed insight into the word 'Otaku' and where/who it can be applied to.

One should never refer to oneself as an Otaku, especially not around native Japanese speakers, it's considered a somewhat derogatory term to most. I may be slightly anime-obsessive though.

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I am not an otaku as given in Avorne's link, but I am an otaku in the casual usage. I am semiobsessive of manga and anime, although that is mainly a byproduct of America not being able to make an interesting show.

SuperSaiyan22
SuperSaiyan22
33 posts
Nomad

You are an Otaku not if you have seen a trillion series or episodes but if you can recognize the anime facial expressions and know a little bit about anime and love anime for the amazingness and beautifulness and the sometimes truly wise lessons it can teach !

Showing 1-6 of 6