The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow much do people on youtube make?

7 1982
mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
315 posts
Nomad

I hear that they actually get paid a lot

• 7 Replies
metalwill
metalwill
147 posts
Shepherd

It depends. If you have a lot of subscribers/your videos have outrageous numbers of views then a company may approach you with an offer for product placements/ad placements in your video. I guess its all up to what the company wants to pay you.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,462 posts
Farmer

There use to be a site where you could estimate your potential YouTube earnings but it seems to be down.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

technically from what I'm told they're not allowed to discuss their earnings or else their contract (agreement) gets pulled... but I'm not certain.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

There was a nice article on Yahoo stating the top 10 earners on Youtube a while back.

I'm pretty sure I can't find it now, but the top person was Shane Dawson, at around 20,000 (annually?) I'm pretty sure.

Yeah... My memory isn't the greatest. :/

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Rebecca Black got more money from her views than her sales. And she's rich as hell.

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

the people who make money on youtube are the ones who have ads on their videos, are partnered with youtube, and get a TON of views

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

What I read online if a very popular youtube partner they can make between 3,000 to 5,000 dollars a video.

Showing 1-7 of 7