The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernOh to be a deity...

7 1177
Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

anyone else ever ponder the theology of the greeks... and how their gods just developed over time w/ the universe when the universe was born... what if we're those entities O___O ?... or rather can become those entities with science. ...it'd be akin to the Thor from the comics/movie. ...b/c I'm totally calling dibs on being Zeus...or the Neo-Zeus. ...wine...wenches...wine... and more wine (cept no "showers" that occurred in some of the stories... b/c I'm totally not into that.)(...I'm not really an alcoholic)...if we ever learn everything there is to learn about our universe (which is possible) then we may find immortality/the power to alter material w/o touching it to even create matter, shoot electric arcs/bolts at people... travel to different dimensions... all that jazz

...you may now fight over the other slots for the lesser deities under my power >

jk. that'd get deleted in a heart beat. I think this could maybe be a fun way to get to talk about our different character points that we believe we have. Which deities from the different religions throughout time (or if you have a book w/ its own deities that you like) do you think your personality matches up best with... and if its actually different from the deity you'd think it'd be the most fun to be (or u just want to be it for whatever reason) then tell us about both and why...

like... I'd love to be Zeus and storm down retribution down on lots of people I've met over time... >_> leave nothing but little piles of ash... and then bring them back from the ashes... and do it again... repeat the process multiple diffferent ways and then just leave them ash when I get bored. ...but I probably fit the bill of Hephaestus a little more. not that I'm horrendously ugly or anything... but you couldn't tell that by my horrible track record w/ women... forever alone :'(... except Hephaestus somehow married Aphrodite...lets hope I find one that doesn't cheat on me

and another thing. I tend to try and work hard at making others (friends, family, and people I care about) happy, and the god of the forge supposedly made all sorts of exquisite gifts, jewelry, arms, and other items for the other gods.... so its kinda the same.

if this actually gets more than 1 reply and takes off feel free to use something that's already there but in your own way... and so as to not censor any creativity if you don't like any that have "existed" make up your own... preferably without lightning shooting from "toys" but if you must then whatever. ...and lets not "I'm brahma therefore I'm ALL GODS BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" ... I mean.. come on

I just have an affinity for the Greek/Roman system since it was the one I've seen in the media most (besides Christianity)(cartoons/tv/movies) growing up.

this may be a little too similar to the "which mythical creature?" thread that was up a while back... and mage might argue that it is... but that was mostly directed towards minotaurs, lycanthropes, and dragon'esque creatures instead of actual deities (mage exception noted from earlier) so i think we could get this going.

(and a final note... this is to be from the different religions there have been... whether we think they're fake or real... this isn't a discussion on picking from "fake deities"... the dynamic is different. We're not discussing the possibility of fakes. ) play nice and don't purposefully stomp on toes or act like ur getting your toes stomped on... ALL deities are fair game, because in order to be "fair" it has to be this way.

Lawds I'm wordy

• 7 Replies
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well i would like to be gaea. which is actually a titan but that way i can actually control the earth. sink people down into dirt, release people from the dead, and basically detonate myself and make an apocalypse. XD I think a better thread name would be "which greek or roman god would you choose and why?" unless thats already been done. good discussion though.

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

I would be Athena, because then I would be an amazing genius and all would perish under my awesome brains!

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

That's very feminine of you Sheppard...

zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I think that I would be a combination of Nemesis and Athena. Athena (yes, I know, a female goddess) to have the brains and planning skills so I would be able to take advantage of my Nemesis side and rain revenge down on the heads of my enemies. >

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

lol. I was beginning to think no1 was going to comment on this.

"which greek or roman god would you choose and why?"

well I'd like for it to be open for the other religions like norse, egyptian, hindu, etc... we might just have a few people that took a fancy to one or the other and know something about them we don't.
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

I find that Pagan gods are quite interesting. For example, I'm aware that one has killed 1 trillion men in the first 3 seconds he was created. After those 3 seconds, a superior god told him to collect the skulls of the ones he's killed. He's apparently still doing it today.

pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

hmm, well im not much of a leader never mind a greek god so i think i would call the slot ofthe demigod achilles(I think he was a demigod because his dad married a sea sgod or something like that...)

Showing 1-7 of 7