The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSpeed or Strength?

36 5529
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

Looking at this topic in general way, would you rather be incredibly strong or super fast? This involves the more physical things.

I think I'd rather be stronger than faster because strength is more of a useful life tool. Sure, you may be able to run everywhere but why not take a cab?

• 36 Replies
ShonaFurey
ShonaFurey
67 posts
Nomad

100% Speed. Imagine speed on the scale of lightening, or those superheros who travel continents in seconds. Would be a blessing and save airfares :]

WexMajor82
WexMajor82
1,026 posts
Nomad

Just imagine to run super fast at someone, wit a bowling ball (20 pounds) Then imagine gitting them with the ball at 300MPH or so...
Would super strenght achieve that..? I don't think so.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

super strength to beat s%%t out of people

savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

Speed. You can escape almost anything.

vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

Just imagine to run super fast at someone, wit a bowling ball (20 pounds) Then imagine gitting them with the ball at 300MPH or so...

I agree, momentum can totally overpower strength, I guess.
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

The strenght of a collision is defined by its momentum, so a hit thrown at high speed is most likely to be as hurtful if not most as a hit from someone who's just awfully strong. Then again, muscle power can help increase the speed of a movement so really, I guess it's all about what you prefer.

I'd prefer being fast, because I think it'd be pragmatically better. I mean, you could travel everywhere you like in almost no time at all, think about it. Besides, in a fight, the speedy would most likely have an advantage because he'd be able to dodge whereas the strong would only be good to stand the hits; no matter how you look at it, I think speed would triumph in the end.

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

Speed is more useful than strength. Sure you could do a million things, but could you do those million things in half a second? I think not. Anyways, I've learned enough from RPGs that speed is very important to survival.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

Speed, strength is only useful in the short term run.

Endscape
Endscape
1,182 posts
Nomad

.... despite my personality, speed has a certain stregth of its own...

plus im lazy i would be nice to get from school in 5mins over 80.

TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

Everyone appears to have chosen speed except for a select few, and I think I'll pick speed too.

Maybe we could introduce some new choices. Invisibility or flight? Control over fire or water?

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Speed. With speed you can overcome strength with momentum as mentioned above. Also you can flee a dangerous situation easier.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

Speed requires control, no control then no speed

Strengh is power, power requires responsibility, no responsibility then no power.

Honestly I'd pass up the offer because life is good enough right now.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

PlasmaMan
Strength requires control too (crushing a puppy by accident)

I would choose speed because it would be epic to run on water (like this gecko).

http://simbania.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/reptiles_csg125_brown_basilisk.jpg@

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Btw that is a Basilisk Lizard. Look em up. EPIC.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Strength.

Because, after all, speed comes from strength.

Showing 16-30 of 36