ForumsGames[Main Thread] CoD? Put it here!

3990 801345
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Apparently the effort of cleaning up the forums has been biased, so the CoD group get their own thread for discussing as well.
Enjoy.

• 3,990 Replies
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

With MW2 I seriously think they just tried to enhance it on so many levels they got the flat things (weapon damage, capabilities in maps, etc) very wrong.
This I agree with, they fixed most problems with weapon balance in Black Ops, granted it took them a while to fix the Famas. COD has gotten to the point where they need to stop adding more and start enhancing what they have, for example, wager matches(not sure how they'll do it with out a currency system). They could easily make a lot of fun wager match game modes.
This is slightly related but I do feel my standing hasn't been made clear - I don't stand for any FPS game, since BF3 has this silly preorder bonus which backstabs a large amount of the previous Battlefield community I very largely second guess what they're planning.
I can see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. Pre-Order's don't cost extra(at most stores), so why not give extra to those who go out of their way to buy a game 6 months before they get it? It just gives their fans incentive to stay a fan.

Now can we keep the COD thread free of hate on the game? You're entitled to your opinion, and you've made that opinion very clear, I don't see any point in drawing this out any further. I'd like to apologize for my over reactions and anything I may have said out of anger or frustration, let's agree to disagree and go our separate ways.
epicness
epicness
349 posts
Nomad

what are your kdr on black ops?and do you believe that when MW3 comes out that black ops will be dead?

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

what are your kdr on black ops?
Low... I play for fun, not for stats.
and do you believe that when MW3 comes out that black ops will be dead?
Nope, I don't believe any COD will die until the whole series dies, there are still plenty of people playing MW2, WaW, MW, and even COD 2.
fogger58
fogger58
13 posts
Nomad

i cant wait until cod modern wafare 3 comes out

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

This I agree with, they fixed most problems with weapon balance in Black Ops, granted it took them a while to fix the Famas.

My main problem is snipers - not the damage or anything like that, simply the hit registration which is pretty dire.

COD has gotten to the point where they need to stop adding more and start enhancing what they have, for example, wager matches(not sure how they'll do it with out a currency system). They could easily make a lot of fun wager match game modes.

I think they grew a bit too fast of their features anyway but yes, talking about now - they need to settle down and build on what they have.

I can see where you're coming from, but I have to disagree. Pre-Order's don't cost extra(at most stores), so why not give extra to those who go out of their way to buy a game 6 months before they get it? It just gives their fans incentive to stay a fan.

I heard that the flashlight for the Sniper (or something) is essential for a specific play style of it. If so, then if they charge you for it after pre-order bonus is over, that's very bad.

I disagree with any game-changing (on any level) package in this way, map packs made after release? Sure, if they're good for price (with DICE I'd imagine they would be). Weapons Packs? Yeah, if it's also made after release - but I don't think you can limit someone of part of the game on its release date.
If it's a preorder bonus, something like vanity wouldn't be too bad, still it is because it limits someone who bought the game from having it if they didn't preorder etc on it's release date (you're not buying the entire thing, basically).

Collectors editions = Something physical in real life + game on release.
Limited Edition = Cool casing? I don't know.
Normal Edition = Everything at games release.

I think that is fair, if you ask me. :P

there are still plenty of people playing MW2, WaW, MW, and even COD 2.

There is professional play in CoD2 mind you... A lot of CoD4 professional players are / were CoD2 pro's as well.

Reminds me of people from SCI playing SCII now, BoxeR, oGsMC, etc. :P

Now can we keep the COD thread free of hate on the game? You're entitled to your opinion, and you've made that opinion very clear, I don't see any point in drawing this out any further. I'd like to apologize for my over reactions and anything I may have said out of anger or frustration, let's agree to disagree and go our separate ways.

Where exactly do we disagree on CoD, though? :P

- H
jt25rox
jt25rox
332 posts
Peasant

black ops is dead. people found black ops to b exactly like waw which sucked. puttin black ops out for wii was a mistake cuz it crashes ur system i had a repair done and it is still freezing. black ops was ok at the beginning then it lost popularity

Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

My main problem is snipers - not the damage or anything like that, simply the hit registration which is pretty dire.
They've done a lot of tweaking with patches, it's actually pretty good now-a-days.
I heard that the flashlight for the Sniper (or something) is essential for a specific play style of it. If so, then if they charge you for it after pre-order bonus is over, that's very bad.

I disagree with any game-changing (on any level) package in this way, map packs made after release? Sure, if they're good for price (with DICE I'd imagine they would be). Weapons Packs? Yeah, if it's also made after release - but I don't think you can limit someone of part of the game on its release date.
If it's a preorder bonus, something like vanity wouldn't be too bad, still it is because it limits someone who bought the game from having it if they didn't preorder etc on it's release date (you're not buying the entire thing, basically).

Collectors editions = Something physical in real life + game on release.
Limited Edition = Cool casing? I don't know.
Normal Edition = Everything at games release.

I think that is fair, if you ask me. :P
I agree with this as well. I think that, at the most, they could throw an extra gun camo or something like that into the game, maybe even early access to a weapon, like in MoH and WaW, but even that's pushing it a little.
I think they grew a bit too fast of their features anyway but yes, talking about now - they need to settle down and build on what they have.
Yeah... they have a lot of good features that aren't getting enough attention... I'm glad we agree on that.
Where exactly do we disagree on CoD, though? :P
Not sure... mainly I accept the little bumps in the road while you(no offense intended) hate every little pebble. I kinda like the bumpy ride, it makes it a lot more interesting. :P
CanadianEH1337
CanadianEH1337
1 posts
Peasant

My mom won't let me get CoD.

mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
318 posts
Nomad

CoD gets very repetitive. Deathmatch is pretty boring and camping is very frequent, which I hate.

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

They've done a lot of tweaking with patches, it's actually pretty good now-a-days.

I'm not installing MW2 or Black Ops on this computer. Hell, I haven't installed any games other than World of Warcraft and Starcraft II - the only games I'd wanna put on this is:
Magicka
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Crysis 2
Battlefield 3 (which I'm not getting)
Mass Effect 3 (pretty much definitely getting)
Battlefield Bad Company 2

At the moment though I'm actually holding off from all of them, I can easily invest all my time into WoW and SCII - I'm gonna go for SCII though probably.

I agree with this as well. I think that, at the most, they could throw an extra gun camo or something like that into the game, maybe even early access to a weapon, like in MoH and WaW, but even that's pushing it a little.

With the preorder bonuses from Crysis 2 you had a SCAR camo which was unobtainable by other people - which wasn't the best, but it was as close to acceptable as it could've been, they gave you platinum dog tags, which was also unobtainable, it boosted you to rank 5 and gave an attatchment for the SCAR.

If they simply gave you the camo for free without actually limiting it to only you, that may have been fine - it's only vanity, really. The boost takes away from the gameplay replayability and the platinum dogtag is also unobtainable - maybe they could've had it "Bronze - Silver - Gold - Platinum" depending on ranks.

A bit like Battlefield Bad Company actually :P

Yeah... they have a lot of good features that aren't getting enough attention... I'm glad we agree on that.

Same
I'd like to see a little more built on attatchments and customizability. For the most part they took a great step in customization in Black Ops however it could certainly get better and more complex - picking where to put it on your gun, how big, etc.

One thing I don't understand is what's up with the limitations of emblems? I'd rather be able to make something as bad / good as I want without thinking "I can only have 12 signs to make this - can I do that?"... it also makes people WANT to use those 12, feeling like it's not at full effect if they don't.

Not sure... mainly I accept the little bumps in the road while you(no offense intended) hate every little pebble. I kinda like the bumpy ride, it makes it a lot more interesting. :P

That's actually a pretty badarse way of thinking. It must look pretty awesome when you very nicely counter a guy using a more... "nooby" path in the game, still being top of the board and ultimately just blasting through everyone in a huge variety of ways.

And yes - I do hate on it a lot, but I think it doesn't deserve all the praise it receives... given some of the unnecessary flaws it has / had on release and still carrying on now, for a triple A game it shouldn't have that, right?

Also, just went over "building over the customizing" stuff - really I think they just need to take out the limits for the most part, lol

If something is not in Black Ops that you want a sign of, maybe someone can make a very detailed / colorful one of it using 50 Sword Emblems?

Then you can download small &quotacks" of items that are combinations of smaller ones (Minecraft, anyone?) for free off of other players.

O.o Not bad if you ask me.

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

I'm not installing MW2 or Black Ops on this computer.
Understandable being on PC, on consoles it's not as bad.
I'd like to see a little more built on attatchments and customizability. For the most part they took a great step in customization in Black Ops however it could certainly get better and more complex - picking where to put it on your gun, how big, etc.
Well they are adding the duel scopes in MW3, which should be interesting, and I agree that they could have had more customization with the weapons... maybe even a make your own camo.
One thing I don't understand is what's up with the limitations of emblems? I'd rather be able to make something as bad / good as I want without thinking "I can only have 12 signs to make this - can I do that?"... it also makes people WANT to use those 12, feeling like it's not at full effect if they don't.
I think the did that to keep people from making anything to sexual... not that it made a difference, but I can understand it.
Then you can download small &quotacks" of items that are combinations of smaller ones (Minecraft, anyone?) for free off of other players.
Or better yet you could make your playercard, save it, and use it as another emblem to make an even better player card.
Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

Understandable being on PC, on consoles it's not as bad.

I hope so

Well they are adding the duel scopes in MW3, which should be interesting,

2 Scopes mounted on one weapon?
Wow, that's just about the biggest Quick-scope No-scope thing they've implemented ...

Not necessarily a big deal if you ask me, it adds a small amount of adaption which was much more present in Crysis 1 - especially with invisibility etc.

and I agree that they could have had more customization with the weapons... maybe even a make your own camo.

I think they should go all-out on customization, a bit like Brink. I know CoD likes to portray itself as a "this is war" style game but I say "to hell with that" and that they should maintain the same atmosphere (for multiplayer) but just go far far out with customization to the point where each player can look different.

I think the did that to keep people from making anything to sexual... not that it made a difference, but I can understand it.

Fairly dull if you ask me. People will easily be able to anyways and it's part of the game, sadly. There's not a great deal that can stop them unless they are reported - sadly I've heard nothing of people being reported and punished for being like that.

I'm simply saying that I don't understand why they would put limitations - apart from the complexities of UI and how difficult it could get removing parts considering it was made for Console. It wouldn't be such a problem for PC though as they could've implemented a part where you could simply click the piece on the Emblem (clicking it again would select what's under it, and then clicking it again would do the same, so on, so on).

Or better yet you could make your playercard, save it, and use it as another emblem to make an even better player card.

Wait... what?
You're talking about using it twice it seems, can you elaborate a small bit?

- H
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

2 Scopes mounted on one weapon?
Wow, that's just about the biggest Quick-scope No-scope thing they've implemented ...
The duel scopes is a holographic sight for close range and a magnifying scope that you can pull up to make it better for long range. It works really well for urban environments where you're ducking in and out of buildings.
Fairly dull if you ask me. People will easily be able to anyways and it's part of the game, sadly. There's not a great deal that can stop them unless they are reported - sadly I've heard nothing of people being reported and punished for being like that.
Well there is an option to report them because of an offensive player card, I just don't know what they do about it.
Gstroy
Gstroy
482 posts
Nomad

Sorry... clicked post to early. Anyways...[quote]Wait... what?
You're talking about using it twice it seems, can you elaborate a small bit?/quote] What I'm saying is when you make your player card, you should be able to save it and use it later as a custom design to make a better player card... man that's hard to word...

Highfire
Highfire
3,026 posts
Nomad

The duel scopes is a holographic sight for close range and a magnifying scope that you can pull up to make it better for long range. It works really well for urban environments where you're ducking in and out of buildings.

Nice but unnecessary for some players, good to have the option though.

Does that mean people without dual-scopes will have 2 attachments at any time? I don't see why not at this point.

Well there is an option to report them because of an offensive player card, I just don't know what they do about it.

There ya go - there's not much reason for them to limit customization other than what the UI allows.

What I'm saying is when you make your player card, you should be able to save it and use it later as a custom design to make a better player card... man that's hard to word...

It's hard to understand
It's probably because I may be misunderstanding how you mean &quotlayer card".

Do you mean using the design somewhere else on the playercard, or something?

- H
Showing 196-210 of 3990