The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernA Thought on Colors

23 4210
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

So i got to thinking about this one day. if there is any scientific evidence that proves this wrong please share. but if not, comment and tell me what you think.

so think of this. what if we all see colors differently. for instance, i see blue, my friend sees red, the same object the same time. but its known as green because thats what weve been told it is all our life. so it is possible that we all perseve colors differently, right?

• 23 Replies
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I have thought about this before, and I see no reason why it couldn't be true; in fact, I think that "Favorite colors" might come into play here, if everyone percieves color differently, but has the same name to apply to it, then it would stand to reason that we all have 1 "Color" that we like the most, as a collective whole, however, due to each of us perceiving colors differently, the "color" that is our favorite has a different name. Imagine for a minute..

I am looking at an apple. We both name it "red".

However, imagine that my "red" is how you see "blue". But since we have the common term, this is never discovered. It is also not possible to prove since we term it the same, and looking at that same "color" we will each re term it "red", even if I was looking through your eyes I would see it as "blue"

Another way to put it is...

Let's say c=x, a=q, and t=h and c=p, a=z, and t=e

I see "xaq" and you see &quotzt" but we each read it as Cat.

I see "

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

kasic its an interesting thought but i doubt that everyones oppinion would be the same

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

A human body varies differently in many ways. But in the same way it is also the same. We mainly tend to look different but our brains don't differ as much. We think, act, and decide mainly in the same way. So if we mostly interpret color the same way, maybe then those people who think that something looks good on them but to us it doesn't, haven't a special brain different from our own.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

oops, in the end i meant to say have.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

A human body varies differently in many ways. But in the same way it is also the same. We mainly tend to look different but our brains don't differ as much. We think, act, and decide mainly in the same way. So if we mostly interpret color the same way, maybe then those people who think that something looks good on them but to us it doesn't, haven't a special brain different from our own.

Doesn't really matter, as it serves no practical purpose, just an interesting thought experiment.
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

Color blind eye tests can prove whether you can see proper colors. For example: A card that has a certain pattern on it that can only be seen in one color.

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

It's possible, but clearly has no effect whatsoever on us as human beings whether we see them the same way or not.

And as for favourite colours, don't they change as we grow up? :P

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

no it has no effect at all, i agree. just a thought that has come to my mind over the years

Showing 16-23 of 23