The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernDifferent Ways of Arguing Between Different Genders

31 4377
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

ok. i just want to hear your guys' comments on this little notice ive taken.

i have noticed that girls and guys argue VERY differently. and i do mean in a semi-specific circumstance. like if your arguing with your girlfriend or boyfriend about something they did, or your harping on a friend for borrowing something without asking, basically arguing over something someone has done.

guys will merely try and defend themselves. for example:

John:dude why did you take my skateboard?! i didnt say you could and i kinda needed it.
Josh:Oh, sorry man, i thought it was ok if i did cause we're so close and stuff.

you see what i mean?

girls on the other hand turn it around and try and blame it on you and then suddenly your arguing about what you did. the example is a really drastic version and isnt always like this but its the general idea:

Stacy:why did you borrow that T-shirt without asking?! i had a date and i needed it!

Jessica:stop your yelling your going to wake my parents up. you need to learn to not overreact and calm down.

anyone else notice this?

• 31 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

[quote]I might argue that way, but its isn't right to make that kind of generalization about the entire femaile population.

your doing it now.[/quote]

Owned.

That said, I'm with Tacky. Stereotypes are stereotypes because they're true for some people in a group. You're stereotyping.
bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

Girls tend to be harsher than boys, unlike boys they are social bullies and will definately take revenge (not always). Girls know how to talk and will use that against you (or whomever).

Note: I'm taking this from facts and experience, so please don't attack me.

ShonaFurey
ShonaFurey
67 posts
Nomad

@Bunniecorps. I can understand experience, but how can that be factual?

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,672 posts
Nomad

Either way, making generalizations isn't right. Honestly I think most guys do that too.

im not generalizing, im mearly saying that from what ive NOTICED this is the way the two different genders argue with each other.

from what i have experienced and what i have seen from, im not kidding you, ALL of the girls that ive argued with and personally known
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

EVERY SINGLE GIRL IVE SEEN argues

Well duh! every girl argues! every guy argues! its the way of life
Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

Something i've noticed, Girls tend to take insults/insinuations far more seriously than most guys. For example, while working on building a deck, I said to one other guy, "Man, you really suck at mixing concrete" and he just laughed. Any girl I know would have responded like, "Well if i'm so bad at it why don't you do it?" and not have taken it as a joke initially.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Arguing with a girl makes her want you. Its nature and more importantly, already tested!
Go figure.

btw, there are no girls around here, right? Don't wonna get slapped.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

It's sort of like love. Some people may like you, others may not.

Ah, common Love is something you can work to achieve. Display the right personalty, work on you're looks and if you play you're cards right you can always win. At least that's how you win love from the other side, the other side needs to work to get yours.
Its all chemicals!
pratchu
pratchu
493 posts
Nomad

hmmm... well women do take the argument too far sometimes but I know that I easily confuse myself when arguing sometimes. One time, i was arguing with this guy in my class and my friend came by.I meant to say hi and instead put the cuss on him!

But in the end, it seems that neither gender knows how to properly argue unless they took special raining at picking out flaws.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

[quote]btw, there are no girls around here, right? Don't wonna get slapped

um i am a girl, but i wouldnt slap u cause i dont no u I only slap when someone pisses me off which isnt hard
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
529 posts
Nomad

oh didnt mean to put the bottum part in Quote woops

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

I notice that with

most
people but the people at my school (most) take argument way to seriously

this happened at my school today:

I waz sitting at my desk minding my own buisness and the:

(kid nammed Dylan) Dylan comes up at hits me for no reason!

me: what waz that for?

Dylan: shut up jets99 you dont know crap!

me:... OK?

dylan hits me again

me: if u hit me one more time!...

stupid kid hits me agaain!

me: thats it!

I get up and hit him and he starts yelling at me then his friends come over and start accusing me of crap and he says its my fault that he hit me!

Im telling u kids at my school are messed up! (well most are)
Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

when I'm arguing with one of my friends she always has to be right. even if it's indirect. and when i tell her to look up something and i'm right, she's always like, "I hate you!" but in a sarcastic friend-like way.

Squiddicus
Squiddicus
266 posts
Peasant

In my English class, there was a guy v. girl division this time. The girls were all about average in intelligence (from what I have seen), while the guys were either smart (including me), or dumb.

After the first round, there was a gap, the girls were winning. The smart guys and I closed the gap a little, only for it to widen even further.

My teacher noticed that the guys were ready to kill each other, the girls were more comforting.

Best reveiw game of the year.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,826 posts
Nomad

biggest lie
two woman were in a room alone and didnt argued

Showing 16-30 of 31