The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernComputer Security Warning

6 1714
Spectre4
Spectre4
32 posts
Nomad

Is this the right place to ask this?

Anyways this: http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/2880/fdsfsdffegreergr.jpg

It used to only show up occasionally, but I would jsut refresh the page and it would show the little "safe" lock in my bottom right corner. Now it ALWAYS shows up on any login or info entering pages. Is this serious? I have Avira Anti Virus, and I use Microsoft's free virus scan thing, and Advanced System Care 4, and according to those my computer is healthy.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium service pack 2, 64-bit.

Also I got Firefox 4, and the little "secure" lock that was always shown in the bottom right corner of my browser is gone...Anyone know about that? How to add it back?

• 6 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I don't know what's causing the problem. I use Google Chrome and I never have this problem. In case this helps detect the cause, the operating system on my computer is Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1. Maybe the problem is with your browser or with your OS (I have heard multiple times that Vista is a bad OS).

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Do you use an unprotected network?

I'm pretty sure that appears when you have an unencrypted Internet connection and you access a password-protected webpage.

Maybe you could set up a password for your Internet connection, if that's even the case.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm pretty sure that appears when you have an unencrypted Internet connection and you access a password-protected webpage.

Maybe you could set up a password for your Internet connection, if that's even the case.

My Internet connection is encrypted, so I don't have that problem. Maybe this is why Spectre4 has it and I don't.
Spectre4
Spectre4
32 posts
Nomad

Come to think of it, I don tthink it did this before I set up my wireless router. Its Linksys and I had to do a whole bunch of network config stuff when I set it up. Ill check it out and see...

Spectre4
Spectre4
32 posts
Nomad

Ok I have no idea what im doing...

Found this

But I dont have "warning message heading" in Tools> Options> Security> Warning Messages heading> Settings button.

Any help?

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

But I dont have "warning message heading" in Tools> Options> Security> Warning Messages heading> Settings button.

I think it's because Firefox got updated, and it doesn't have that feature anymore.

I'm not sure if you've already tried this, but you could uncheck that "Alert Me Whenever I'm About..." thingy when that message pops up.
Showing 1-6 of 6