ForumsThe TavernWhere you name....

44 7886
plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

where did your name come from?
is it special?is it random?

my name came from the top right corner of the keyboard.
it says plok and i added a key to the end to make it sound better

• 44 Replies
ngfan14
ngfan14
875 posts
Shepherd

My name is just random. There is nothing special about it.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, my username came to me when I was ten. i loved dragons and kirby. So after years of changing it, I transformed it to Drakokirby for now

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

wow your names is pretty cool, drakokirby

redbedhead
redbedhead
341 posts
Nomad

I'm a redhead irl and when I was creating a new email a few years back I was sitting at my computer and I had just woke up and my bed was behind me. So I made it redbedhead27 and now I use redbedhead or redbedhead27 for anything I use

Virtigo
Virtigo
50 posts
Nomad

This is a cool idea for a topic
anyway, mine came from back when I was into StarCraft. I downloaded one of those user made campaigns for it, and one of the people in it was named "Lt. Vertigo" and I thought that was a pretty cool name, but I put a little twist on it, and now I'm either Virtigo or Lt.Virtigo on pretty much everything. (yes, I know what Vertigo means, and no it's not from that U2 song...U2 sucks).

Nerdius
Nerdius
421 posts
Nomad

Nerdius: My name was the main character in a story I wrote on Ancient Greece (myth project for school) I wanted a nerd character, but at the same time it needed to sound Greekian. Hence, Nerdius. He also had a partner, Tymole, who could travel through time, but Nerdius was funnier to readers, and it is a tribute, at the end he dies. Also, I am a semi-nerd.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

cool never woulda thought a random name woulda became your name lol

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

The Babylonian calendar was a lunisolar calendar with years consisting of 12 lunar months, each beginning when a new crescent moon was first sighted low on the western horizon at sunset, plus an intercalary month inserted as needed by decree. The calendar is based on a Sumerian predecessor preserved in the Umma calendar of Shulgi

The year begins in spring, and is divided into "beginning", "middle", "end of the year". The name for "month" was arxu. That the calendar originates in Babylonian, not Assyrian times is shown by the fact that the chief deity of the Assyrians is assigned the surplus intercalary month. During the 6th century BC Babylonian exile of the Hebrews, the Babylonian month names were adopted into the Hebrew calendar.
===============================
Basically, my Zodiac sign is Aries, which also means that i was born in the Babylonian month: Arax Nisanu.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

evolution of my name

buthead age 7
green sheepy age 8
cloud_117 age 9
I)arkCloud age 9
DarkDivinity age 10
DivineDarkness age 11

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

cool, you must have been smart when you were age 7 and 8 lol

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Well at first I didn't really think that I'll be taking AG seriously so I just wanted to make an account, so I didn't really think my name throughly. Since my name is Nick I used nick and then the coolhaha just came from my randomness, and it's pretty normal now.

Zerlock1124
Zerlock1124
93 posts
Nomad

I used to play a game called Stick Arena (i stopped because of all of the cheaters) and i needed a good name. The first thing that came to my head was Sherlock, as in Sherlock Holmes, but i wanted to beef it up a bit. I figured anything with a Z in the name was cool, so I changed the Sh to a Z, hence Zerlock. The numbers are just random numbers...

strifexv
strifexv
54 posts
Farmer

Cloud Strife and 15 is my number.

DivineDarkness
DivineDarkness
1,226 posts
Nomad

ya i had warcraft 2 at the age 5, i did alot of experience typing, and reading by playing warcraft all my days, infact i still play it to this day.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

hmm...the name KingRyan has a short story behind it.

rajah57 was my first msn addy...I made it when I was 5! My sisters got MSN and I made an account just for fun.
I used Kingryan first in Bots II...I think. I am not positive about this...but I think that was the first time.
I then moved on to playing RuneScape. Ah...Playdough world as I now call it! Since KingRyan was taken, I chose KingRyanIV. Why IV? I don't actually know...
Anyway, KingRyanIV was hacked when I stupidly said my password when someone tricked me, so along came KingRyanV...and later on KingRyanVI. Overall, on many websites, if you ever see KingRyanV or VI then it will probably be me.
I hope to get a good King armatar eventually. I like being King, it means you have people to control...and I am a bit of a control freak. Also, my ancestor did rule from the castle below...but only as a Lord.

http://www.golfnook.com/images/Dirleton%20Castle.jpg

Showing 1-15 of 44