The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernGentlemen or Hooligan[who wins?]

14 2358
genericguest
genericguest
51 posts
Nomad

This discussion is about the science of people, what are you or what would you rather be
1.a womanizing and rude hooligan
2.or a nice and refined gentleman
reply and be exact of details

• 14 Replies
TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

Being a hooligan is more fun. being refined has too many limits. but if i had to choose id pick something in the middle

bunniecorps
bunniecorps
467 posts
Nomad

The gentleman of course, in the end the hooligan always leaves without a date. Being polite and refined is a bonus.

TerryLasVegas
TerryLasVegas
773 posts
Nomad

in the end the hooligan always leaves without a date

Thats only true in movies to encourage people not to be hooligans. and every time that happens, they get smarter
ShonaFurey
ShonaFurey
67 posts
Nomad

I'd prefer to be the womanizing hooligan because as a female, i can't be a gentleman.

WorstSniper
WorstSniper
1,467 posts
Nomad

Intelligence and sophistication can limit one's actions and abilities, as said in the first post (Not OP). I'd choose to be a gentlemen anyway.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

there's a difference in how you would think things happen and how they actually happen. 9 times out of 10 the girl goes w/ the jerk... whether the girl is the uber goody good type or the wild child... they almost always go for the "Hooligan"....

whether its for the "trying to change him" or "the thrill"... I've seen more shiny pokemon on gold and silver than I have the good guys ending up w/ "the girl"... but that's just me.

something about aggression and risk taking rebels that just steals hearts.

my opinion was based on when the two come into competition... I've known a few good guys to end up w/ the girl's heart... and i'm a little biased.. but the girls generally do go for the guys that have more fun

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I prefer (not for myself) the morally expedient yet refined gentleman. A classy womanizer.

If you're going to complain that you can't have both I'll still choose the gentleman over your hooligan.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I've seen more shiny pokemon on gold and silver than I have the good guys ending up w/ "the girl"...

Nice.

That probably means I'm not hooking up with anyone anytime soon...

I'm no gentleman, definitely, but I'm nowhere close to this "hooligan" you speak of. ;D
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd rather be a gentlemen of course, but still be able to be a hooligan when I prefer, or hanging out with friends is NOT going to be fun.

aknerd
aknerd
1,416 posts
Peasant

I'm basically already a gentleman. My diet consists entirely of caviar, and I wear three monocles at once. I don't have to worry about the ladies, because I have enough money to pave my driveway with porches, which I do on a weekly basis.

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

Im not sure what id want to be but somewhere in the middle would be nice.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,906 posts
Nomad

acting like a hooligan makes yourself feel good. acting like a gentleman makes other people feel good. if I cant have that good feeling, nobody can. thats why I choose to be a hooligan.

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

Well......

I like to be a hooligan when I am at partys or hanging with my boys.

When Im approaching a young lady though at a party or other places I act civilized and mature like a gentleman.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

i made the pokemon reference b/c in the time it took me back in the day to beat those games like maybe 3-4 times a piece I saw only one shiny pokemon outside of the Gyarados that's an automatic.... and that was a shiny goldeen... >___> and my brother was playing and thought the game glitched so he turned it off as I watched horrified at what he'd just done. ...but yea if you're a gentleman... and always a gentleman... meaning you're not well known for your shenanigans and more for your helping others w/ their homework and just being calm and quiet... then you're up a smelly creek w/o a paddle most of the time. There's the occasional miracle that does happen every now and then... just don't get clingy when it does.

Showing 1-14 of 14