The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernSchool Disciplinary System

19 2490
zakyman
zakyman
1,627 posts
Peasant

I was bullied this entire 8th grade with anti-Semetic and sexually degrading comments. I was also slammed around during gym class, although they were able to make it look like it was unintentional because we were doing soccer and floor hockey. They also were making sexually suggestive gestures toward me (i.e. shaking sand at their midsection towards me). I went to the administration office FOUR TIMES over the course of the year, and the only thing that happened was the boys got a stern talking to, and a time-out on the last day of school. I feel as if the disciplinary system at schools are too lax, because they are afraid of getting sued for improper punishments. Any thoughts?

• 19 Replies
Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

A joke? wowz....I remember I told one of my friends he looked like melting chocolate in the sun, and my teacher looked at me ._____.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

My school when I was in school was kinda strict. Not much tho. I did a few things that could have gotten me expelled or in serious trouble. But I didn't. They gave me Class Room Detention back in the fourth grade. And some other classmates as well. We made a little joke and comment about someone and got yelled at. And had to spend like three hours after school for detention.

ExplosionsHurt
ExplosionsHurt
248 posts
Nomad

That's the problem. The offenders always know how to get out of the detention system.

chitown
chitown
1,614 posts
Farmer

My school is very strict about anything. Instead of one or two day suspensions, they have this thing called asda, which is like a suspension and a detention combined. You still have to go to school but you are in a separate room and you have to stay there the whole school day and you can't interact with anybody. And if you do get suspended for like a week or two they send you to a different school which they call the Academy for your suspension. So no matter what you will have to be in a school if you get suspended.

Showing 16-19 of 19