The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernVideo Format Help

4 1825
rohanb
rohanb
27 posts
Nomad

I didnt know which section I could have put this in. If it is in the wrong section Im very sorry.

I have a video with a mkv extension. I want to convert it to another format (mp4/avi) and I have looked for one of those format converters on the internet. I do have a video converter which has worked fine for me but does not support mkv files. I found one converter but when it switched the format of my video it also doubled the size. My video is a 550mb file and I want to burn it to a 700mb DVD

To my knowledge a mkv file is a combination of multiple video types and is therefore larger than a mp4 file. Does anyone know of a free video format converter I could download? I have both a mac(OS X Tiger) and pc (Win XP) and I wouldnt mind any.

Thanks

• 4 Replies
rohanb
rohanb
27 posts
Nomad

Sorry for the double post but if anyone wants to know why I want to switch formats, its because most DVD players (including mine) dont support .mkv files

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Well, it seems like an odd problem you have here, I have limited knowledge on .mkv files. If it were .wmv, .avi, or Mpeg variant I could convert it for you myself.
I was able to find the following thread on the topic though, some info in there might be able to help you out.
Also I might recommend the following guide
Hope that that helps you out, good luck

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

prism video converter supports .mkv files

Microe
Microe
842 posts
Nomad

and if you need music converted try TinyMediaConverter! Just sayin..

Showing 1-4 of 4