ForumsPopular MediaBest Musician

315 105017
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

who's the best rapper, band, pianist, guitar player, whoever or in other words who's the best musician or music artist. I would say Lil Wayne or busta rhymes I more of a rapper type of guy.

• 315 Replies
DustyLee
DustyLee
216 posts
Nomad

Jesse Lacey

ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

he doesnt touch people like rakim, big daddy kane, or andres 3000

ya and i bet every teen in the US admires those people as much as lil wayne JK
Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Best musicians I would think are Steve Vai or Michael Jackson. Yes, different genres, but I think they are the best musicians because well, Steve Vai not only makes guitar solos, but he has actually composed songs in orchestra. Which is obviously harder. Michael Jackson he has made so, many song. He has wrote and composed. He is just genius.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

good Charlotte, simple plan, GREEN DAY!, rise against

Simple plan? Really? They are good, but I wouldn't say best band...
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

ya and i bet every teen in the US admires those people as much as lil wayne JK

thats irrelivent. popularity has NOTHING to do with musical abillity to be honest. and if you knew anything about rock and roll history you would be able to agree with me.

and i dont think that people should admire a druged up, felon who has been to jail and back, who raps about nothing but the cars he drives, the *****es he sleeps with, and the money he has. his rap appeals to the lowest minded audiences
ide4749
ide4749
310 posts
Nomad

i dont think that people should admire a druged up, felon who has been to jail and back, who raps about nothing but the cars he drives, the *****es he sleeps with, and the money he has. his rap appeals to the lowest minded audiences

you can check any rapper's lyrics these days and see he's not the only one who raps about all that stuff i mean i bet your little idols rakim, big daddy kane, or andres 3000 talk about that sort of stuff too i mean the only rappers i know that don't talk about that stuff is lecrae, Trip Lee, Flame, Sho Baraka and guess what those rappers are christan rappers so the most they would say about drugs and all that is how bad they are. Those rappers focus more on christ in their songs than anythin else. I'm sure those rappers you stated aren't christan rappers thier just the same dirty rappers like little wayne.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

you can check any rapper's lyrics these days and see he's not the only one who raps about all that stuff i mean i bet your little idols rakim, big daddy kane, or andres 3000 talk about that sort of stuff too i mean the only rappers i know that don't talk about that stuff is lecrae, Trip Lee, Flame, Sho Baraka and guess what those rappers are christan rappers so the most they would say about drugs and all that is how bad they are. Those rappers focus more on christ in their songs than anythin else. I'm sure those rappers you stated aren't christan rappers thier just the same dirty rappers like little wayne.

i know lil wayne isnt the only one, and i dont support those songs by the other artists either. rakim is a lyrical genious who is probably the greatest lyricist not only in hip hop, but in the rock genre as a whole. allow me to link you to this: follow the leader

rakim can not only throw down, but he can throw down for a full 7 minutes in some songs! i have NEVER heard/seen a lil wayne song last over 4 minutes, let alone with him rapping the whole time.

and dont get me started with daddy kane and andres 3000, cause i can pull stuff out for that too if youd like. a rapper doesnt have to be a "christian rapper" to be a good rapper XD.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

u guys wouldn't know a good rapper if i hit u in the face lil wayne is the best u can get

Lil Wayne is nowhere near to be the best. Fact: Lil Wayne is a Wanksta. Fact: Lil Wayne tends to ruin songs with his horrible lyrics and that little laugh he overuses in songs. I don't understand why you think Lil Wayne is the best rapper.
Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

This one is nearly impossible for me. So, the first name will be the best, and the rest are very close behind in no particular order.

Best band: Rush
Best bassist: Geddy Lee, Cliff Burton, Geezer Butler
Best guitarist: Dave Mustaine, Kerry King, Kirk Hammett, Dimebag Darrell, Tony Iommi, Steve Vai, Tom Morello
Best vocalist: Geddy Lee, Dave Mustaine, Rob Halford, young Ozzy, James Hetfield, Tom Araya, Joey Belladonna, Phil Anselmo
Best drummer: Neil Peart, Vinnie Paul, Scott Travis, Brann Dailor, Joey Jordison
Best rapper: Corey Taylor, Zack de la Rocha

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

Anything pop, rock, or rap. Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Jason Derulo, Linkin Park, Katy Perry, B.o.B, Bruno Mars, Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, Pink, Sean Kingston, Wiz Khalifa...

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

Corey Taylor

Ha ha, that was what I was thinking!

Right now I would say the best modern rock bands would be Green Day, Blink-182, Weezer and Red Hot Chili Peppers.
boshow
boshow
174 posts
Nomad

I like Usher

pablo4270
pablo4270
1,931 posts
Peasant

Anything pop, rock, or rap. Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Jason Derulo, Linkin Park, Katy Perry, B.o.B, Bruno Mars, Black Eyed Peas, Ke$ha, Pink, Sean Kingston, Wiz Khalifa...

Those seem to be your favorite artists, not the best, the only people that really are the best in there are Lady Gaga, Linkin Park and maybe Katy Perry and Black eyed peas.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

Beethoven. I like classical music, and he composed some of his best peices while deaf. So it really shows how much he understood the music.

Modern wise, I like Coldplay. That have good music, and deep lyrics. Really admire these guys.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

k well linkin park sucks! They have a good singer and thats about it,
There guitarist is barely a guitarist considering how complez every likin park song is this is probably his hardest work:

Eb|-----------------|
Bb|-----------------|
Gb|-----------------| x4
Db|-----------------|
Ab|---5---7---------|
Db|-0---0---8-7-0-3-|

That is the one step closer tab

and Lp's new stuff doesnt even have guitar!

Showing 91-105 of 315