ForumsSupport ForumWalkthroughs: Reward?

17 4376
Doomkiller
Doomkiller
83 posts
Nomad

I believe that if a walkthrough is stickied into the game(On the side of the authors name, where it usually is...right?) they should get a little AP. Even like... 10. Just a little incentive for beating the game several times at different angles to make everyone else get the little satisfaction of beating the game. =)

• 17 Replies
Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

Its the game's creator's choice to post a walkthrough or not and its hard to track who originaly made it. I say we should have a walkthrough merit type award.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well if you are really looking for a walkthrough on a game, look in the Game Walkthrough forum. I am sure that you will find what you are looking for. Also, 10ap for beating a game? How could you tell if the game was beaten or not. There are many hackers that could probably hack some ap.

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,060 posts
Blacksmith

I think he is saying that you should get 10 AP for submitting a Walkthrough that gets stickied next to the game.

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Oh, I see. Well, it could work, but there should only be one walkthrough per game, right? So new members wouldn't have the chance to get those walkthrough merits if all the games already have walkthroughs. So, a little bit of a problem there.

biker589
biker589
23 posts
Nomad

possibly

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

Sounds like a great idea.

.. since I currently have a walkthrough on The Last Stand II.

I would love 10 AP

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I think that having your walkthrough be on the game, and then having it attributed to you is kind of reward enough. But I dunno, that is just me.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

i think that it is the makers choice

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Well now that you bring that up, it is pretty much an award! What if your walkthrough was put on a real popular game like Sonny. I would be honored!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Technically it's Dan's choice whether or not to put a walkthrough on a game. At least that was the case when I made my submachine walkthroughs. My opinion on the matter is that if you take the time to write a good walkthrough, post it in the comments section and hope that it gets merited.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, great idea ubertuna. I think that is the way to go. I have a walkthrough on one of the games, but I don't expect points from it. I just think it is cool to have it on there. But if you post it in the comments section to, that would be a good way to get some credit for it.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Yes, it is indeed a great honor to have a walkthrough posted to a game Which one is yours, if you don't mind me asking?

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Parachute Retro... hehehe.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,123 posts
Shepherd

Meh, I'm getting mySQL'd right now and the site is lagging a lot. I'll take a look at it in a sec.

armorfighterXg10
armorfighterXg10
44 posts
Nomad

thats a good idea

Showing 1-15 of 17