The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernWindows Product Activation

11 1806
cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

OK. I know how to get past WPA, as i am now, but the problem that i am having is not being able to run explorer.exe. The very first time i opened the .exe file it worked fine. I accidentally closed narrator and WPA closed explorer.exe realizing what i was doing. Now when i try to open explorer.exe all it does is open the my documents folder. So i googled a fix and most say go to the run: application in your start menu, BUT I DONT HAVE ONE! So does anyone know where to find the run program if i cant access my start menu, like in program files or what?

• 11 Replies
Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

You don't have a start menu?
How?
Well, there is a program called run which would run programs, but that is unfortunately in the start menu. I suggest you should call Windows help, by either going on to their website or by calling them, because they are professionals and know what they are doing.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,027 posts
Peasant

Try pressing the button with the windows logo and R. If that doesn't do it, I have no idea.

chang
chang
846 posts
Nomad

Could you access command prompt?
You can start explorer.exe by entering "start explorer.exe"
Inputting "start *insert name of program* in command prompt will basically do the same thing as run.
And iMogwai is also correct,
The windows button + R is the keyboard shortcut to open the run application

cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

You don't have a start menu?
How?
Well, there is a program called run which would run programs, but that is unfortunately in the start menu. I suggest you should call Windows help, by either going on to their website or by calling them, because they are professionals and know what they are doing.

You dont understand. WPA is meant to insure you have an official windows product key. It has a 30 day counter before it the only thing you can do is login to your account that does not have explorer.exe running with a window telling you youve completed WPA(if you hacked windows, like I did.) So to run explorer.exe you have to hack your computer again and open it up. My problem, as stated above, is that i find the file within my browser to open it with, but when i click it it opens my documents.

BTW in your browser type C:/Program Files. This is how to access your computer files when WPA tries to block you until registration is complete, which of course doesnt work.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

WPA is meant to insure you have an official windows product key. It has a 30 day counter before it the only thing you can do is login to your account that does not have explorer.exe running with a window telling you youve completed WPA

Why would WPA have these problems as a cost for the benefit mentioned?
cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

Why would WPA have these problems as a cost for the benefit mentioned?

What problems?
Could you access command prompt?
You can start explorer.exe by entering "start explorer.exe"
Inputting "start *insert name of program* in command prompt will basically do the same thing as run.
And iMogwai is also correct,
The windows button + R is the keyboard shortcut to open the run application

Yes, thank you, now i can access my desktop, even though at max it usually closes around 30 seconds cause WPA is just too smart.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

if you hacked windows, like I did.

There's your problem, derp.

Also, that's illegal and therefore against the rules to post on AG.

You're on your own.
cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

There's your problem, derp.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I know thats my problem, but i still would like access to my computer.
EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I know thats my problem, but i still would like access to my computer.

Sucks, but discussion of any illegal activity is prohibited by AG.

Sorry to backseat mod, but someone has to say it.
cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

Sorry to backseat mod, but someone has to say it.

IDC, if someone closes it now. I got what I want

BTW here is what WPA looks like with a few programs minimized with explorer.exe not running. I usually just bring WPA window down to a corner.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/249980_222539277765073_100000270088172_884913_5004634_n.jpg
cleofer5
cleofer5
354 posts
Scribe

I forgot to mention, but if i were to hit ok it would do nothing as it is in a continuous loop.

Showing 1-11 of 11