ForumsWEPRHomosexuality

3228 432087
XeroGeez
XeroGeez
90 posts
Nomad

Apperently it's a big hot topic right now, so I want to know how gamers feel about it?

• 3,228 Replies
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

what does it have to do with gamers? nothing, so i really don't care.

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

do u have something to do with the topic??
or r u just curious about it?

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

Srsly, stop flaming.

As for me, I think that what happens between two contenting adults is none of my business.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

I am still amazed that it's even an issue today, honestly.

I mean, how absurd would we think a person is for saying "So what do you think about those black people?" or "Why are you in approval of allowing those women to vote?"

I mean...those once-taboo subjects are not even in the back of our minds anymore - hopefully.

That's how it should be with homosexuality. Why in the world should we care who people love or what they do with their clothes off, lol? It's life. It doesn't affect you. Get over it.

I'm a straight man, but I could care less if someone is gay, straight, bisexual, transgendered, or whatever. They're people, not gays. People.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Did you completely misunderstand my sentiments or were you being sarcastic? My point was that even making homosexuality an issue is as absurd as racism.

Your logic is completely pathetic, though, no offense, iFish. Your reasoning for why homosexuality is against religion? They're gay.

What?

That's not a reason, that's the very part that MAKES them homosexual.

Besides, who cares if they can't reproduce? Does that harm you or me? No. Does that hurt ANYONE else? No.

Why's it wrong, then?

Were you suggesting that the only reason you don't make fun of other races was because they would beat you up? I hope not. If so...wow.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

So iFish, first try to be respectful in what you write. You don't have to agree with it, but use proper words, I am assuming that if the site has to sensor it out "***" that is was not appropriate.

As to why people many disagree with homosexuality, it is mostly because of religion and what the bible says.

I also think it depends on where you are from and how you were raised as to whether you accept it or not. I am from CA, which makes me probably more liberal than a lot of people, but also some of my friends from CA may disagree with it. It depends a lot on your background. Personally, I have some friends who are homosexual. They do not choose to be that way. If anyone knew how hard of a life it was to choose that path, no one would.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah...I was raised Christian, so I understand the reasons that people can use to spread that kind of prejudice. I'm no longer Christian, and that kind of belief is one of the reasons for it. It still amazes me, though, that they actually buy into it and can use it for justification.

I agree. I have friends that are homosexual and bisexual, and they would never choose that. It's too hurtful with the reactions of family and society for them to simply choose to do it.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Okay, here is my first hand account. As a lesbian myself, I, of course agree with it. I have never been religious, but always spiritual. Many Christians have a problem with homosexuality because it is written in the Bible, but it only speaks of men. I know this because my girlfriend is Southern Baptist and struggled with it for a while until she found nothing on women being with women. Now, I can defend lesbianism from several different views ranging from how it is exists in many cultures to its time era and even its social tolerance in America.

Though I am a homosexual, I will admit, my girlfriend and I have social issues with gay men. Of course I have gay guy friends, but when it comes to their relationship I hold it to a lower standard because of how frequent we are in gay culture. I think relationships rely on a number of thing, and one is love. I believe that men and women love in separate ways. Call me close minded, but I just cannot believe that men can really love that much at all, as a whole. This is all going on my personal experiences and what I observe around me. It is rare to see a man not cheat, and truly love and devote himself. It isn't in their nature. Thus two men engaging in a relationship I set on the bottom shelf.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Boy, these topics ae starting to become very religious. We're not staying on topic anymore. Anyway, I don't think we should be talking about our religious facts that much.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

I don't even think religion is part of this topic...it's either you're against it or you're not people geez. Don't bring a million beliefs into it cause you want to.
btw I'm not flaming all of yall but it is really irritating when religion is brought into something that doesn't have anything to do with the subject.

as for me, it doesn't matter to me, you fall in love with whoever you fall in love with.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

well..you could fall in love with someone you don't want to fall in love with...wait a minute that doesn't make sense. Well...don't think about marriage yet!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Hmm...this topic is driving me nuts.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Asherlee, I agree with you on a lot of points. However I can't agree that all men are like that. A lot perhaps are, but I know men who have loved a woman with all of their being.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

In addition, (I just thought of this too), not all women love in the same way. I have known women who act like the way you describe men to act. I think that it really depends on the individual. Some of those descriptions may work for a majority, but in my experience it doesn't always work out like that.

And firetail, you don't have to keep reading it you know

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,014 posts
Shepherd

Carlie, yes I don't men all. A majority of men, but fewer women are like that.

Raptor, religion definitely deserves a place in this discussion. Most people find it moral wrong because of religion.

Firetail, same as I said to raptor.

I notice a lot of people are having issues with topics and where they end up. You see that is how a conversation goes. One thing spurs another, it is not considerate to dismiss what others are writing about, in my opinion.

Showing 1-15 of 3228