The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsProgramming ForumWanted For Hire

11 5502
Dio3
Dio3
3 posts
Nomad

Hey, my name is Carson. I have been creating my own games for a long, long time, but with game maker. Right now I am working on a game with GM8 pro, but I'd like to do better. I do have flash right now, on one of my computers. What I would like to do is do anything but program. I want to help someone who can build the inside of the game, and I can help with the out. If I spend time on sprites, (Graphics.) then I can make good ones, good enough to be in a good game. I can also help with background art, general ideas, the storyline, dialogue, and probably all the graphics needed. I just would like to set a team up, working individually at times, but team help when needed. I don't have any graphics made right now, in case you wanted to see my work first, but just tell me something you want to have made from your game, and I will show you. Or, you could just let me in. Thanks.

• 11 Replies
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

I don't have any graphics made right now

Erm... How do you plan on someone hiring you without showing any of your work?
You must hasve some art to show if you're really qualified, or at least upload some before advertising yourself.
I doubt anybody would just let an unknown person to be their artist, since they have no clue what you're capable of, but who knows.
Good luck, I guess.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

I don't have any graphics made right now, in case you wanted to see my work first, but just tell me something you want to have made from your game, and I will show you. Or, you could just let me in. Thanks.

Without some sort of portfolio no one is likely to hire you, or even consider it.
micahlawalstorm
micahlawalstorm
1 posts
Nomad

[b]hey um i just want a job

Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Lol gl michala

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Well I have also Game maker 8, but I havent made aything complete (expect tutorials) becasue I need to draw spirites of my own, and then they would suck (never been a good at drawing pictures with computer programms).

Dio3
Dio3
3 posts
Nomad

FinnDragon, spriting is what I do mostly... If you want something you can ask lol. What are you working on right now?

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
991 posts
Nomad

spriting is what I do mostly...

Can we please see some examples of your works before even considering to ask you to join our projects? :s
Xinito
Xinito
109 posts
Nomad

Can we please see some examples of your works before even considering to ask you to join our projects? :s
Indeed. You design in Photoshop or something?
Dio3
Dio3
3 posts
Nomad

@Xinito um. No.... I doubt that anyone does that. I was talking to Finn about game maker. ProfessorOak, I have some that I will show you soon. Just have to figure out how, which shouldn't be a problem.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

No.... I doubt that anyone does that.

No, pretty much everyone does that or uses another high end graphic design program. If you are making a game maker game then you wouldn't, but in flash you would. You aren't making it clear which platform your game will be in, Game maker or Flash?
WhiskeyedJack
WhiskeyedJack
80 posts
Shepherd

Although I do have to say, I have had quite the tryst with Inkscape recently. The only headache there is getting an svg into flash. (You think for a vector-based program such as flash this would be much easier...)

Showing 1-11 of 11