ForumsNews and FeedbackNew users ranking

8 3419
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

In AG3, I would like to see more ranking and classification. In AG2, there are only three and only for AP (All time leaders, Current Leaders (don't work) and Last month's leaders (don't work too).
If there was more ranking, first, a day ranking shoul be nice. Then I would see one for the users with the most comments number, for the forum posts and the merits.
But I don't know if these 3 things will have the same system (when you do a comment, your comments' number grow of 1).
Users: Please, let ideas for other ranking systems.
Admins or mods: If you can, answer my ideas and say me if it is possible.

Thank you everybody.

• 8 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

In AG3 there is going to be a new ranking system using new armor points. It will probably be a whole lot different then the one we are using now.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We haven't reserved any room on AG3's site for a leaderboard area, but it's something we want to add after launch. As for what we'll calculate for building a leaderboard, I don't know yet. Points, maybe. Achievements might be hard, other than *number* of achievements, since every game will be slightly different.

I'm not sure that showing a ranking for forum posts or comments will be helpful, as it may encourage some users to write spam just to show up on the leaderboard.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I'm not sure that showing a ranking for forum posts or comments will be helpful, as it may encourage some users to write spam just to show up on the leaderboard.

Yes, sure, I didn't thinked about that. But if the admin and the mod look after the threads and the comments flags, the cheating could be punished by loosing loads of AP; so the users would be careful.

Achievements might be hard, other than *number* of achievements, since every game will be slightly different.

For that, I agree. There are games where getting achiev. is very easy and some where it is very hard. So, leaderboard is nearly impossible for that.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

cheating could be punished by loosing loads of AP

Well, since AP is automatically calculated, we could only 'unish' them by removing their spam posts and let the AP get re-calculated. However, the point is that we don't want to make MORE work for us.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

New user ranking does sound interesting, i'm excited to see the new leader board style :]

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

Current Leaders (don't work)

Actually they do work, but so many people gain AP in a day, it's a bit hectic to make sure it is refreshed all the time. The other though, those don't work.

make more people mods. lower the standards a bit if you have to.

The Mod system is fine how it is now, lowering the standards should be out of the question. If we were to make the bar for leaders lower, we might as well make the bar for everything lower while we are at it.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

but so many people gain AP in a day, it's a bit hectic to make sure it is refreshed all the time

But as we've already said, AP in AG3 will be completely different, so point gain won't be as hectic.
JsaKim
JsaKim
267 posts
Nomad

There is going to be New Armor Points In AG3 and the armor points we have now will be Karma Points.

Showing 1-8 of 8