The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernTrolling on forums

5 1580
arobegamr
arobegamr
130 posts
Nomad

Why is it that whenever someone posts about one topic, someone always decides that they have to shoot the person down, in some sort of effort to prove themselves superior?

Does anyone else find it annoying how whenever someone posts a topic relating to religion, some atheist has to point out that they don't believe in God? (Not saying all atheists do it) If a topic has nothing to do with personal belief, why bring it up? Is there some sort of satisfaction that comes with putting down someone else's claim, under no provocation whatsoever?

Have at it trolls!

• 5 Replies
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

All i can say to this is trolls gonna troll and that
my solution to this growing problem is to just not feed them

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

If a topic has nothing to do with personal belief, why bring it up? Is there some sort of satisfaction that comes with putting down someone else's claim, under no provocation whatsoever?

Well, you'll never be able to repress the urge of people who want to prove themselves right. It's quite funny though that you've formulated it that way; have you ever had the burning desire to correct someone who's wrong? Well you have your answer. Trolling comes from the fact that some persons are so sure to be right about their personnal belief system that they need to go to such extents as to search unrelated threads to prove other people hermetic to their own dogmas wrong. You could call that zeal.

I for one can find a lot of satisfaction in proving someone wrong; it's human nature to try and rise above the rest. Why did you word your OP like this? Have you been offended on some religious thread in the WEPR?

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

All i have to say is, this is not trolling. Trolling is bringing up irrelevant stuff to annoy people. They may just be pointing out their beliefs because the see it necessary to for people to know. Very often its helpful to know where an arguments coming from even if it's not meant to be a personal thing. You may be annoyed by it, but if it wasn't posted to be annoying than it wasn't trolling.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Does anyone else find it annoying how whenever someone posts a topic relating to religion, some atheist has to point out that they don't believe in God?

Read: Only topics related to world events, politics and religion (things going on in the real world) are welcome here. Forum rules still apply -- keep debates friendly and clean!
It isn't trolling.
Definition of trolling.

What irritates me in these forums is when someone decides to go into a thread and nitpicks something another individual says. The person does nothing besides that, the person ignores the threads topic. Another thing is when there's a discussion, a person comes out of nowhere and decides to say stop taking it so seriously. I mean, what the **** is wrong with you? If you can't post something about the topic or even handle a discussion, then don't post.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

Yeah it sucks when you try to make a serious well-written post on the main topic and a troll comes along and changes the entire direction of the forum's original reason to exist and it becomes a flame war.

Like one on global warming would go like this

Serious poster: (a bunch of facts supporting/opposing the cause of global warming) and that's why we should reduce emmissions. Here's a link to an informative site if you want to know more (inserts link)

Troll: Yeah its the Republicans fault. They overspend on war and now were screwed.

Next poster person who wanted a discussion of any kind: I agree with troll because Democrats are better.

Other random poster who clicked on the thread without reading it: Democrats are all a bunch of hippies.

FLAME WAR STARTS!

DNFTT!!!

Showing 1-5 of 5