The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe Taverndoes your computers brightness every hurt your eyes?

23 4350
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

If so theres this program you can install called Flux its basically a lighting system for your computer so that depending on what time of day it is it will ajust to how much light you need for example if it were night then the computer screen would be really bright and when its in the morning it will be very dimm so it dosnt hurt your light fragile eyes. It can really save your eyes! I have been using this for a few days now and my eyes dont feel burned out of my socket like they had been when i had been on my laptop for extended periods of time

Link to the software: Flux

• 23 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

It depends on the screen. Some screens have a higher level of deflection preventing more of that "light radiation". Unfortunately my screen is cheap so yes my eyes start to hurt after a few hours. Also it takes my eyes a long time to adjust to darkness afterwards.

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

no but if it does it means that you get something called a migraine and you should see a doctor

jets99
jets99
599 posts
Nomad

only when I get up early and itss still dark out and I get on the computer but then my eyes ajust

if it were night then the computer screen would be really bright

wouldnt that hurt ur eyes because if they are used to the dark and are all of the sudden exposed to the light that would hurt more I think
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

let me explain this better you see the computer screen is brighter at night because your eyes need to take in more light to see in your typical dark room and its dark during the day because your eyes are fragile when you wake up and throughtout the course of the day your eyes get gradual used to more and more light

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

Not for me. I used to be on a lot after dark and it didn't hurt my eyes.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,319 posts
Treasurer

I keep my computer at a fairly high brightness and my eyes never hurt from that.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
606 posts
Nomad

Nope my computer brightness is fine that way it is.

Showing 16-22 of 23