The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernHow do you type when your not at school (and for some of us when your at work)

22 2571
ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Do u tend to use slang or text talk when typing or do u try to type neater just normally or do u even use slang at all?

• 22 Replies
FallenSky
FallenSky
1,813 posts
Peasant

I always try to use the cleanest and most impeccable vocabulary, wherever I'm typing. I've seen so many cases of people losing their grammar because of social networks; even university teachers, so it's quite clear to me in what way all these internet slangs affect the language. Because I'm French though, I'm much less aware of popular slangs and the average ''hip talking'' of the English tongue. That being said, I always keep my French clean too whenever I write it.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I don't text as much as I'd like... Yeah.

Since I have a full keyboard, I make the most of it and use proper capitalization, punctuation, and most importantly, spelling.

In other words, I text as well as I type on here.

EnterOrion
EnterOrion
4,220 posts
Nomad

I try my best to type with proper grammar and spelling, but modeled after how I speak. A lot of rules in grammar end up broken this way, but word-to-word syntax remains intact.

That is why I'm understandable.

I have a tendency to look down upon those who can't quit being lazy and type it all out, especially when they have a full keyboard on a non-instant forum.

Seriously, the posts aren't going anywhere.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

My main problem usually comes with poor word choices or awkward wording.

I have a tendency to look down upon those who can't quit being lazy and type it all out, especially when they have a full keyboard on a non-instant forum

That's the way it is on AG, so you're in good company.
Nater
Nater
1,296 posts
Nomad

Honestly all I do is captalization and punctuation. Abbreviations I use are lolz, brb, gtg, and cya.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

my vernacular, grammar usage, capitalization, and punctuation execution usually depend on a few things. those things being how tired i am at the time, how much I care about the subject, how distracted I am at the time, who it is I'm conversing with, and the seriousness of the discussion of the subject matter portrayed in the posts by my peers who've already posted or I think will post

sadly and admittedly there are times when I just don't care, so I do well enough w/ my command of language of the internets to shorthand loots of what I say so that it comes out easy to read yet I can still be lazy w/ it xD

....and I have a problem w/ adding in too many ".....'s..." most of the time they represent either intended pauses that are supposed to influence how you read what I write or they're just short periods where I am rethinking something and thus I "...." and then start back at it. I have a problem alright. don't judge me.

Showing 16-21 of 22