The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernBest school band instrument?

22 4703
firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

What is the most recmmended band instrument?

• 22 Replies
ShardRaldevius
ShardRaldevius
107 posts
Nomad

You wanna know the easiest one? Beauty one? Most loved? What? And for what kind of band? Rock,j-pop,metal,country,classic, what what what? specific the stuff plz xD

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

i played the trumpet for 5 long years and still hate it to this day dont play it man... just dont do it! ._.

play the flute they sound cool

Sheppard007
Sheppard007
237 posts
Nomad

I played percussion for about 4 years, I would reccomend it because you get to learn many different instruments and also the music is relatively easy to play and learn. It is also pretty fun and you can make the best beats ever

Koru7
Koru7
1,405 posts
Nomad

well i don't play band, but the easiest is probably the symbols, but the one that sounds to coolest would be percussion.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

Best shcool band instrument?

Seems like that's the way Sean Connery would say "school."

Tell me, sir, are you related to him in any way? :P

I think the easiest one to play is the triangle, but I'd go with the tuba, if I were you. ;D
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Saxophone, you can have mean jam sessions with that instrument

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
827 posts
Nomad

i will have to say Alto Saxophone.

hokzwijn
hokzwijn
511 posts
Peasant

I play Baritone my self. For the people who do not know the Baritone (which is a lot). Here is a picture.

http://withfriendship.com/images/h/38944/i-had-started-on-baritone-in.jpg

Osumnis
Osumnis
1,147 posts
Shepherd

I play a clarinet, and I like it. Saxophones are pretty similar too them. I would recommend either playing a clarinet or saxophone. (There are different types of both.)

Valks
Valks
262 posts
Nomad

My band director told me the easiest to hardest wind instruments to play.

Easiest: Saxophone

But just because it's the easiest out of the wind instruments doesn't mean it can still be challenging to play.

Intermediate: Clarinet, Flute (Win. Yes, I play it)

Difficult:Bassoon, Oboe

HOCKEYBOY10
HOCKEYBOY10
158 posts
Nomad

something small if you play like the tuba you'll break your back
pick like a flute or clarinet or some mini trumpet thing

firedragon64
firedragon64
159 posts
Nomad

my mom wants me to play the saxphone, and the sax is mostly jazz, right?I don't like jazz very much.For some reason, i feel like a guy who would play brass instruments well....

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

My favorite instrument I played and by far beats most of you on difficulty is the French Horn. It looks like this.
http://www.musicwithease.com/french-horn-1.jpg

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,386 posts
Shepherd

Pfft, plasma, lets see you play oboe. :P
Easiest: percussion.
Hardest: oboe, bassoon, french horn, picc.
Flute isn't easy, people. Clarinet is easier than said flute. Half the people that try to play flute can't make a sound because of the embrocure. Oboe and bassoon are double reed instruments, and for every hundred only one can make it sound good. French horn is for people with good ear, it is all about remembering how your lips are with the sound you make and being able to jump to that note at any time. Difficult, but not as much as bassoon or oboe.
If you are just now learning music, percussion is the best way to get sightreading down pat, and the rest can be taught easily.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Piano. I've always been fond of the piano and almost took classes for it, but never got around to it. I don't think that's a school band instrument, though.

Well, I'd say clarinet or flute, the sounds that come from those two are soothing.

Showing 1-15 of 22