The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernUnusual daily addictions versus OCD.

11 1865
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

We all have the usual suspects such as caffine, nicotine.
But would anybody like to share their unusual daily addiction and argue whether this is a daly addiction or OCD and why.

My example: I play a game of bloons tower defence 4 every single day before i go out. I'll even wake early just to play a game and i don't even enjoy it that much.

Addiction or OCD? & share :]

• 11 Replies
deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if it's an obsessive-compulsive disorder or an addiction, but you can say I'm "addicted" to time. Whenever I go to school without any watch or time giving device, I'll feel nervous. Just the feeling of not having my watch attached on my wrist even if it's in the same room (I sometimes lend my watch to friends for especially boring classes) can make me shaky. I really don't know why. I guess I'm attached to ol' man time!

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I get what you mean about time. I know i feel uneasy if i can't see a clock, but i'm nether addicted or have any ocd tendecies towards time.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

The only problem is that all this only happens in school. I could spend a day at home all without looking at a clock or watch and I would be perfectly fine and relaxed.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

That's strange/interesting.

Do you think it's just a case of wanting out of school?

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I wake up early so I can go downstairs, lie on my couch, and watch tv.

deadhead50
deadhead50
341 posts
Nomad

every morning after school, ill get my ipod, go on an old wood swing in my backyard and swing in it for hours, even in the winter nonstop and it bruises my legs and hurts my *** but i still do it and most of the time ill daydream as im swinging so lets hope it dosent break as i doze off xD

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

When I was younger, whenever I did something with one hand, I did It again to the other. If I cracked one knuckle, I cracked the other. If I bumped one hand against something, I went and bumped the other against the same thing. I sometimes did this with other parts of my body as well. This eventually got annoying and as I grew older I became aware of the stupidity of It so I stopped.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,800 posts
Peasant

I don't have OCD. I have CDO. The letters are in alphabetical order... Like they should be.

Everything on my desk is at rightangles to each other. It has to be that way. Uncleanliness is bad.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I read about religious OCD which i found 'unusual'

Religious obsessions are sometimes called scrupulocity, which means an obsession with always doing the morally correct thing. Such people may worry for a long period of time if they have done the right thing or angered God in some way. They may obsess about having received a nickel extra in change from a cashier, or if they have accidentally omitted any loved ones from their prayers.

It may be easy to assume that people with these types of worries are from very religious or strict traditions. However, these worries can strike the very orthodox, non-religious people, or even atheists. Scrupulocity should not be confused with being obsessed with religion or being very devout. People with this type of OCD do not feel more spiritual or fulfilled by performance of OCD-related rituals, which may include repeating prayers, seeking reassurance, or mental rituals.

Common concerns may include
â¢Concerned with sacrilege or blasphemy (e.g. might offend God or accidentally worship the devil)
â¢Excess concern with right/wrong, morality (always doing the morally right thing)
â¢Performing a religious task or ritual in the wrong way.

I wouldn't of classifed this as OCD.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Well, I like to be very neat. If you've seen the television show Monk, then I act somewhat like that. Except I'm not a big germ freak, but I do still hate germs.

deathopper
deathopper
1,564 posts
Nomad

Do you think it's just a case of wanting out of school?

Yeah, I think it is. Some classes are so boring, I need my watch to now the time.
Showing 1-11 of 11