The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernBraces

12 1919
adamborg1
adamborg1
105 posts
Farmer

Do you have/did have braces and how was it for you?
Was it embarrassing, where you picked on or did you not care?

I had braces when I was younger but it wasn't that bad. Not many mentioned it.

• 12 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I've never had braces and I've never needed them. I have a few friends who have/had braces. They don't/didn't get called names or anything, it's really immature to make fun of someone because of braces, anyway.

indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

I had braces. Nowadays many people have braces. I've never seen anyone get made fun of for having braces though.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,139 posts
Farmer

I never had them but indie is right, so many people have braces at the minute. When i was younger i know a lot of name calling went around but theyre not seen as 'different' anymore.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I have braces right now. But they're not bad for me. I only hope that they work really well.

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

I have them now. I got them almost two years ago, and am going to get them off soon! I was really nervous at first, but I soon got used to them. So many people have them in my school, and I never got made fun of. I've never seen anyone else with braces get made fun of, either.

I just go mine tightened today, and they hurt. D:

adamborg1
adamborg1
105 posts
Farmer

I guess people are more acceptable now because more people have them.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

I have them and they're a pain. When I first got them on, people teased me a bit, but that's what happens to pretty much everyone that gets braces...but then I got this thing called an expander which goes at the top op your mouth. The first few weeks with it, food got stuck in it and I had a lisp :P
I still have it, but it's not really a problem anymore.

adamborg1
adamborg1
105 posts
Farmer

Yes, I think the most annoying thing is the lisp.

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

It's not so bad now, but I had to get some baby teeth pulled, and after months they're only starting to come through now. Every time I go to the orthodontist they have to the chains attached to them by yanking elastic bands.

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

I had braces for 3 years, I never minded them and no one said anything about them. I don't know what lisp you guys are talking about, the only thing that ever was slightly annoying was the rubber bands and trying to talk with those, but it was just that, annoying, it didn't affect anything. I had an expander also, I only ever got noodles stuck >.>, but then a few minutes in the bathroom fixed that.

p1a2r3i4s5
p1a2r3i4s5
2,752 posts
Nomad

To answer the thread's question, yes, I do have braces. In the beginning they were quite a pain, but it's something that one can get used to easily, I guess. Now, the extractions, if necessary as well, are a different story...
I have to admit, they hardly make a difference when it comes to anything but eating. I think every case is different, but the pressure caused by mine makes it literally impossible for me to bite with my front teeth.
Other than that, all's fine. Oh, and the expander Joe96 mentioned... yeah, that can be hard to get used to for the first day/weekm, and remain quite irritating, even after quite a while. Metal on your teeth? OK. Metal in your mouth? Yeah, not the same.

Nowadays many people have braces.
That's definitely true. In my class alone, we must be four people with braces. That's about a healthy 15%. Minority, yes, but not that small. Or at least as small as it used to be, I hear.
it's really immature to make fun of someone because of braces
And that's why little kids tend to do so .
Showing 1-11 of 12