The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernA New Kind of "Ghost Account"?

8 1344
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

As in, the ghost of an old user who has long been perma'd.

Anyone remember this guy?

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx84/no_photos_here/shintetsu.jpg

He was banned in '09 for good, yet somehow I managed to stumble upon his profile. Is this just another one of them site glitches, or is he coming back to haunt us?

And just as a note, this thread isn't really about him; it's about this weird occurence with his profile, so hopefully it isn't completely against the rules.

• 8 Replies
Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Maybe they just don't allow him to sign in anymore but never deleted the actual account?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

If you can't post on his profile, then he's banned. I've gotten on permanently banned profiles before, and when I commented on them it didn't show up. I think it's just a cache issue with the site.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

You know, I had the same thing happen when I found Paarfam's account and v6y's account, both after they got their accounts deleted.

I tried to comment on Paarfam's profile, but it wouldn't let me. Probably it's some kind of strange glitch.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Maybe they just don't allow him to sign in anymore but never deleted the actual account?

This is the first time I've ever been able to access his account since he's been banned.

I had the same thing happen when I found Paarfam's account and v6y's account, both after they got their accounts deleted.

I managed to access 201's profile after he was banned, but this was only a few months ago. Before that, I had never been able to access a permabanned profile.

So if this is a glitch, which it most likely is, it's a relatively new one.
vinster132
vinster132
5,875 posts
Jester

I've never seen this glitch before.

If the user can't get on at all, it means they were perma'd. And whenever an account is perma'd it's the Oops! thing if you're trying to get on. This is definitely a glitch.
cormyn
cormyn
2,891 posts
Nomad

It's a bug in our caching system. The accounts are banned, the user cannot log in, and you won't be able to leave a comment, etc.

PlasmaMan
PlasmaMan
464 posts
Nomad

I hope they fix this in AG3 and if not then put next to his username in bold letters "BANNED". It would help us not look like idiots posting to someone who can't even reply.

Showing 1-7 of 8