ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69406
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

Ok, but I was talking about points migrated from AG2. Cormyn talked about that on a thread on time. He said: "according to the AP (the rank) you have on AG2, you'll receive some special points.", or something like that. If I find it, I'll post it here.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Emperor, do you think it would be a good idea if he have specifical rights or he (or she) unlock specifical things as armatars or popularity amount or points?

No, we won't grant any special privilege other than the title. MAYBE an Armatar, but nothing else. No special spot on the home page, no extra rights/privileges, no Achievement creation, etc.

"according to the AP (the rank) you have on AG2, you'll receive some special points.", or something like that.

What I wrote was an example. I've since finalized things from the team where we've said any Achievements we award for AG2 "legacy" things (like ranks, points, forum posts, etc., will NOT grant points, just an achievement.

As for the Emperor and additional ranks, I appreciate everyone's input. I'll make the Wikipedia list available to Dan, to see if he's interested in keeping the ranks, and report back here.
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

If there is an Emperor rank, I think that the user with the highest reputation should also get a special rank or title. If the Emperor also happened to have the highest reputation, then it could be Exalted Emperor instead of just Emperor.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

If there is an Emperor rank, I think that the user with the highest reputation should also get a special rank or title. If the Emperor also happened to have the highest reputation, then it could be Exalted Emperor instead of just Emperor.

If that's the case, then I think there should be two Emperor ranks. Here's my suggestion of the name of each title:

The user with the most points would be the Emperor of Armor Games.
The user with the highest Reputation would be the Emperor of Reputation.
If a user has both the most points and the highest Reputation, I agree with the last part of the quoted post in that case.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The user with the most points would be the Emperor of Armor Games.
The user with the highest Reputation would be the Emperor of Reputation.

We're not currently planning on assigning a rank based on Reputation. Our ranks will be points-based, which will be game-based.

That's not to say we'll never do it, I'll mention it to Dan, but having to track two different ranks will get confusing.
pft
pft
576 posts
Grand Duke

one thing that may be good is that it tells you how far you are from your next rank up/how many points in total needed. e.g wood serf rank is 20 you have 6 points it states you are 14 away and that you need 20 in total if that makes sence.

not that the ranks will stay same as of yet we dont know but whatever it changes to it is nice to know how far away next rank up is and it encouages you to go for next rank if your like 50 away rather than guessing.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Pft, that's not a bad idea. It would also save the people spamming the rank point values over and over and over and over... We'll keep this in mind if we keep rankings.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I'm unsure if this has been mentioned before, but in context to the forums and AG Score, what if you get extra points based upon how amazing everyone thinks your post is? They could be a completely seperate point system, but to keep it simple I'd suggest implementing it into the standard AG Score idea.

Basically, I'm thinking that when I see a really well thought out post or a really good joke on the forums, I wish I could award this guy some kind of brownie point for being so darn awesome, so when I saw that you guys were thinking of different ways of making AG Score, why not have some kind of like/thumbsup/Brownie Point feature that gives them some kind of AG Score for however many brownie points they get for this post.

And this is making it a bit of a programming stretch, but maybe these specific posts/threads could gain a bit of spotlight on the AG user's page? A way to say: "Hey, this guy's awesome for this really hard-hitting essay on homosexuality" or "Hey, this dude's hilarious, lookit this:"

I can understand if tha tlast feature is a bit too dreamy or if it wouldn't fit in with the format.

I was also thinking, if this was implemented, then standard posting should be worthless, if it isn't already. Not only would that degrade the rate of spam, it would endorse other users to stand out among the rest as being superbly awesome.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
529 posts
Nomad

Lol, I love this idea, a good way for true gamers to get points fast and easily in a none noobish way.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Thoad, there's a thread for a voting up/down feature. Here it is.

The reputation system(what you get from votes) will be seperate from the regular armor points.

I like the idea of displaying the great posts/threads on a users page.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

what if you get extra points based upon how amazing everyone thinks your post is? They could be a completely seperate point system.I was also thinking, if this was implemented, then standard posting should be worthless, if it isn't already.

As GoM linked, this is called our Reputation system. (thanks GoM)

It's also off-topic, so need to squash any further comments about it.
darkheartless
darkheartless
9 posts
Nomad

I think giving AP for games need to be increased. Why not give AP according to the number of plays a game gets, not the number of games uploaded. Im sure we will see higher quality games and less low quality games.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I think giving AP for games need to be increased. Why not give AP according to the number of plays a game gets, not the number of games uploaded. Im sure we will see higher quality games and less low quality games.

We will get AP for getting in-game achievements in AG3, not for the amount of times we play the game - i'm guessing there will be goals.

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

You can read more about achievements here.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

JI, he's saying that the game developers should get points based on how many plays the game gets. ie, every 10,000 plays gives them an extra point or something. We'll have to figure out a leaderboard for the game developers, but I don't think it'll be "AG Score" / Armor Points based.

valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

I would like, cormyn. Or, the developpers would certainly be on the top of the leaderboard. And that's unfair for people which work hard to unlock achievements.

BTW, I think submitting a game won't give points, isn't it?
Or you've maybe decided another thing?

Showing 31-45 of 229