ForumsNews and FeedbackNo more Armor Points.

229 69649
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Hi everyone, I have more news to share about points and ranking on AG3, and wanted to lump in ranking and leaderboard discussions here as well.

The previous topic was here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ideas-and-discussions-about-migrating-armor-points-to-agv3

---

I hope you're sitting down ...

---

For the "TL;DR" people among you: everyone will essentially have their Armor Points reset to zero. AG3 will likely not migrate any points from AG2 with our current setup and direction.

Unless something drastic happens, or there's enough people who vocalize their unhappiness about this to Dan, this is how AG3 will start out.

After our meeting about Achievements yesterday, I was brought in the loop on how &quotoints" will work on AG3.

In a nutshell...

AG3 "Armor Points" as a sum total will calculate your "AG Score". We will still refer to them as &quotoints", but the site will show them as your "score".

AG3 points will be awarded primarily through the winning of game-related Achievements, and each achievement will have different amounts of points attached (easier achievements will give fewer points, for example).

The achievements we award for AG2 legacy features (previous rank, forum post count, etc) will not award AG3 points.

I do NOT believe we will award points for rating games, or if we do, it will be a minimal amount like the 2 points we give you now. If this is the case, we WILL migrate some points.

The examples Larry gave yesterday about Achievements showed some being worth as many as 15 or 30 points EACH.

---

I will re-open this topic when I have more information to answer questions.

• 229 Replies
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

If I lose my points, what will happen to the armatar?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

If I lose my points, what will happen to the armatar?

The answer is different for AG2 and AG3, so I will answer both:

AG2: If you lose enough AP to go below the minimum for your armatar, you get the starry shield armatar.

AG3: As far as I know, there will be no AP requirement for armatars.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So far, yes, this is correct. Everyone will have full access to all AG2 armatars other than the seasonal armatars. And as we've said in the armatar thread, we'll be introducing new game-themed armatars.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

All future armatar discussion needs to go in the appropriate thread.

Legacy57
Legacy57
1 posts
Nomad

I think that the game should have some higher ranks and the leader boards she be a little bit harder to get higher too

TRUdog
TRUdog
1,032 posts
Nomad

I know I sound like a big nood right now, but whats the deal with the AP for posting in the community? I heard somewhere that you earn no AP at all for posting in the forums. Is this true?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I heard somewhere that you earn no AP at all for posting in the forums. Is this true?

That will be true on AG3. On AG2, the Newcomers Forum and Forum Games are worth no AP.
Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

Hey Patrick, how do you know these things? Anyway, on AG2 we can do five things to get points. On AG3 will there be other things used to get points?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Hey Patrick, how do you know these things?

I read the rules and the help page when I joined, and I also read the stickies in this forum.

On AG3 will there be other things used to get points?

AP in AG3 will be for achievements.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Our scores are getting wiped? bugga, worked for this

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Are you using score as in armor points? Yeah, they're resetting them because they're changing the AP system.

benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Yea sorry I meant armour points. Are they changing it so you cannot get points from forum posts? What I've read so far seems to tell me that you can only get armour points from achievements in game

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

As far as I know, you still get point for posts and comments.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Are they changing it so you cannot get points from forum posts?

Armor points will be earned through getting achievements and possibly rating games. Reputation points which is different than armor points will most likely be earned through people voting up your posts and comments.
CommanderPaladin
CommanderPaladin
1,531 posts
Nomad

- whether we should keep the current rank system (serf, knight, prince, king, etc) and WHY

Definitely keep the rank and point system. While some people may not care for it, I think it is a good measure of how long you've been here, how active you are, and how constructive you are. (Example: You can actively spam, but your points show you as not being constructive.) Also, having ranks gives users something to aim for in a sense and thereby promotes activity and constructiveness.

- whether we need to come up with a new rank system, and what you think the ranks should be

Here's an idea I had about a new type of rank system: Leave the ranks for basic users the same, but make an additional rank system for the Mods based on seniority and activity. The ranks for this could be based on military ranks, i.e. Mod 1st class, Mod Corporal, Mod Sargeant, Mod Master Sargeant, etc. on up to 4-star General.
Also, that extra rank might give the Mods a little more psychological clout with recalcitrant fools like that one that's been going after Freakenstein.
Showing 91-105 of 229