21 posts
Nomad

answer the qustion above do u like apple [not the food] or sony

• 15 Replies
indie55
indie55
608 posts
Nomad

A peculiar comparison of companies. Most people would say Apple v. Microsoft or Microsoft v. Sony.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Sony mainly manufactures electronics and video game consoles. Apple mainly manufactures MP3 players and computers. The company's aren't competing for their product to be better then the other company's equivalent, so it's kind of say which one you would chose over the other. I have a deep hatred for apples extremely overpriced computer's, and a deep lust for a PS3 and PSP vita, so I'll chose Sony.

ShadowShank696
ShadowShank696
577 posts
Nomad

Microsoft. they make most of the computers in the world and is the provider of the most computer electronics.

Idc care if this sint an option im making it one.

idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,261 posts
Nomad

I knew there was something strange about the title!

Apple makes nice iPods, and Sony makes nice laptops, like the one that I'm using to type this. And yes, I know they both make more products, but those are just examples of how different they are.

So I don't really have a vote. :/

Joe96
Joe96
2,226 posts
Peasant

Depends on what you're comparing between the two.
Music player wise, the iPod clearly beats Zune
Sony flatscreens beat Apple (if they even make tvs)
Apple wins in computers
Sony wins in gaming
etc. etc.

Moe
Moe
1,714 posts
Blacksmith

Music player wise, the iPod clearly beats Zune

Microsoft makes the Zune.

As for apple vs sony, thats very hard to say. They don't really make any of the same products. I can't even pick one, I really enjoy my ipod but I also really enjoy my PS2. Those are the only products I own from those companies and they are totally different products.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Microsoft. they make most of the computers in the world and is the provider of the most computer electronics.

Microsoft doesn't make computers, they make the Windows operating system.

Idc care if this sint an option im making it one.

Not only is still not on opinion, but this debate doesn't even involve Microsoft. This thread is called Apple or Sony.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Sony, because of the gaming consoles and televisions. If I had to choose one to stick with forever, then I'd choose Sony. Sony has televisions, laptops, gaming consoles, and some other things. I don't know if they have MP3 players, but I don't need that because I could have a laptop for such things. I don't own many apple products, anyway, but I've owned a few in the past.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Apple is too expensive

That depends on the product. I don't think that the iPods are too expensive since they are great devices. But the laptops and computers are rather expensive.
divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

I'd totally chose apple! Im on a Mac Book Pro right now! I also like microsoft too.
-divy

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,952 posts
Shepherd

I like macs but I like ps3s more so sonny gets my vote

circuitstar
circuitstar
74 posts
Nomad

Sony is way better than apple to me !

snowguy13
snowguy13
2,157 posts
Nomad

Between Apple and Sony only, I'd have to say Apple. They have iPod's, iPad's, the App Store, etc. and everything's run really well.

divy1324
divy1324
433 posts
Nomad

Most of my electronics are apple too

Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

I'm two-sided when it comes to apple.
Apple makes a relatively cheap smartphone [for its capabilities, I believe] -- the iPhone. It also puts out the iPad, besides the price, it is pretty awesome.
Then again, Apple also puts out extremely overpriced computers that are zero to none in comparison to what I could buy for the same price that would be a Sony/Dell/Etc.
I own a PS3, and I think its pretty good -- but Apple hasn't really hit this business.
Yet, I've found many months where I've 'gamed' more on my iPhone than my PS3 -- so...

I'm giving the award to Apple, because although Sony made my awesome TV and Game System, I feel like it has been lagging for the past 3 years, and I hope to see something awesome. Even though Apple overprices the hell out of its computers, they still have decent quality and huge monitors, along with a trend of keeping its customers in suspense for what they will put out next.

[I know they made the Vita, but I bought the PSP long ago and my experience with it was terrible, so I'm keeping that out]

Showing 1-15 of 15