Forums

ForumsGame Walkthroughs

Army of Ages help?

Posted Jun 18, '11 at 10:29am

DrZaius

DrZaius

59 posts

Finished Insane mode in 13:52 - there is absolutely no difference between the difficulties... used the same tactics as mentioned above.

Posted Jun 18, '11 at 12:57pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I finished insane in 11:49 using only 2nd age units. I start by getting the harvester speed and deploy maxed first. After that I get the slingshot people, max out (any order). After that I get the heavy slingshot and get max it out. When I have enough money I get the assault machine. At max out what I can and stop the harvester production. When the battle gets bad I use the meteor, but the goal is the get 6200 exp, then upgrade to the next age. The trick is to gets the archer and ballista maxed first. Then Get the Knights tent maxed and stop all harvesting. You should be making only offensive units now, and just use the meteor when the enemy clumps up in front of your units.

This strategy will be outdated by tonight because I am trying to find a faster way to win.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 4:23am

nozo_ito

nozo_ito

274 posts

After reading these tips I beat insane at 8:38, destroyed the enemy when still in stone age (never upgraded the tech level).

Before I wait until enemy capital air comes that I up to future age from stone age directly, that beat insane in about 24 minutes.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 4:51am

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I am glad I was able to help a former player of Colony.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 5:06am

nozo_ito

nozo_ito

274 posts

New record 7:03, I believe it could be done even faster.

Used only the Drchus, gatherer, assault machine and Pterodactil (in that order). Once I nearly have full upgrades I stop producing gatherers and just kill the enemy base with the guys I have. Clean out enemy mass with meteorite if they managed to mass some ranged units near the frontline.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 7:05am

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I have posted my review on the game page, Louissi's profile, and my profile. Go check it out.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 7:09am

DrZaius

DrZaius

59 posts

Are you playing the tutorial or skipping it? When I play it, it takes me only 8mins or so, but I usually skip it as a reflex.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 7:35am

nozo_ito

nozo_ito

274 posts

Of course I skipped everything.

Last attempt got 6:43 that ranked 50 (build/upgrade order tweaked a bit)...

The key is to use meteorite to keep your critical mass (once you stop producing workers and start pushing don't let your population goes lower than 27), and they will burn through everything on their path.

Near the end all assault machines on the ground are destroyed by overwhelming ground forces of the enemy, but my meteorite keep destroying enemy anti-air units (yes, it hits fliers) such that my airforces ignore the enemy units and proceed to destroy the base. So many meteorites fired, ideally you will run out of exp points shortly before the enemy base is down.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 7:54am

KamiKazilik

KamiKazilik

6 posts

Start on insane, and during the tutorial get your water gatherers, turret and spearmen, but dont get your archers, set your water to gather from the 3rd well and send your spear men in aswell, upgrade them both to max, you should be able to take out the first 2 enemy turrets. Let the game sit for about 20 minutes, your time should still be at 0:00, but your XP will be ~50k, start the game and advance to the future age, grab your basic infantry unit and they will push and win in a little under 5 minutes

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 8:30am

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

989 posts

I said that on page one. Don't copy others.

Reply to Army of Ages help?

You must be logged in to post a reply!