ForumsGame WalkthroughsArmy of Ages help?

75 55233
Thunderbolt400
Thunderbolt400
21 posts
Shepherd

Even on "Easy" Army of Ages is nearly impossible. When you upgrade your cave, all your units and all your turrets disappear, meaning that before you can buy the tents again to be able to defend yourself, the aliens are already at your doorstep and your castle is half dead. Another approach is simply not to upgrade very often or not to upgrade until you have enough money to buy the tents after upgrading. However, I soon hit the problem that eventually, the aliens, who upgrade far faster than you do, will have units so ridiculously powerful compared to mine that I lost iterally in a matter of seconds. (Keep in mind I was playing on "Easy&quot
Any tips, tricks, etc. on beating Army of Ages?

• 75 Replies
IBakedYouAPie
IBakedYouAPie
98 posts
Nomad

I sell everything b4 going to the next age, but pretty much the same thing. I dont use turrets, though.

spartandestroyer
spartandestroyer
2,081 posts
Nomad

heres how i like to finish something.

all 4 tier 2 buildings. all units maxed.
the water resource thingy. all units maxed.
1 miscellaneous building. all units maxed.
repeated spammage of the "gottam gear" as i like to call it.

using this tactic i defeated all the turrets and hurt the alien nest badly with mecha spiders and stuff. especially mecha spiders.

toksoon
toksoon
24 posts
Nomad

that works as well. ive prefer to mass firepower of 1 or 2 units types with the same attack.as for slings they have the fastest attack reload rate in the game.when you have 15-20 of them its like a chainsaw.they fliers will keep the towers off your ground guys

Thurias
Thurias
8 posts
Nomad

Just do this when it comes time to evolve wait a while because i find it easier when you evolve because you already have more evolution points, more money, and the aliens are farther back which gives you more time to deploy your "Troops". And as "DrZauis" said DO NOT build turrets there are a real waist of money and they will get destroyed quickly by the aliens.

toksoon
toksoon
24 posts
Nomad

i agree towers should only be used in emergencies and sold right afterwards

dragonbronze
dragonbronze
7 posts
Nomad

You should try and battle along until the aliens are around the water well area 3. Make sure you have a lot of money and then upgrade. This will give you some time to buy a the tents. You have got to be fast!

IBakedYouAPie
IBakedYouAPie
98 posts
Nomad

Sell everything you have right b4 you upgrade, while you have the advantage. Also dont build turrets and dont upgrade buildings until the last age. Sell water carriers when you have bought all the buildings you need, and replace them with a good infantry unit

SergeantSo
SergeantSo
6 posts
Peasant

Use turrets spend money all the time (for Upgrading) use tons of exp at future age ( preferably the arrows) , when going into a new stage , [b]Get all basic and two advanced units at begginging of new stage

Zoara
Zoara
8 posts
Nomad

I don't really know how I beat it but I didn't use much turrets(But they helped) I just kept on buying and selling units until I got to the future age they I smoked them

toksoon
toksoon
24 posts
Nomad

turrets are only good for emergencies.use them to stop a rush then sell it right before it dies.also when you lvl up-- make the first unit u buy a shooting unit.. 1slings,2nd bowmen,3rd riflemen,4th marine,and last reg infantryman,ur secondary unit should be the best air/ground attack. these will draw fire from the towers while letting your ground troops crush them

Rofalcoptar
Rofalcoptar
4 posts
Nomad

I beat this game on insane 1st try on modern age without doing any other modes before. This is how:
(I put only 4 because every one should have water in it)

First, get all the buildings. Then max Water, and finally build turrets to help units advance to destroy the first alien turret. By this time you will have around 7500 XP.

2) Knight, Ballista, Eagle, Balloon

Same as above, destroy second turret, hold ground at second well, change water to second well.

3): Cannon, Mechaniser, Spider, Bird

Buy all buildings, max water spawn and speed. Use turrets to advance to second well, hold ground at second well as long as possible and regain control as often as possible.

4) Tank, Hummer, Floater, Copter

Max all your units, build AA turret and AP turret behind it, sell as advance. when you get to farthest turret place, max them. When your units get too far for turrets, use bombardment to destroy ground and arrow rain to kill air.

DrZaius
DrZaius
60 posts
Peasant

Actually, you only need water + 2 troops, because your total amount of units is limited eiter way. You get to the cap with just 2 attacking units, so why waste a) money on other things and b) the unit cap space for bad units? Just build 2 very good units (cover both ground and air) and upgrade their spawning speed as fast as possible. As I said before, insane mode ist just as easy as the easiest, as long as you think of the two golden rules: 1. no turrets 2. only two different units

Remember123
Remember123
26 posts
Nomad

i beat it. all i did was buy all of the teir1 units then i slowly swiched to teir2.

somegie
somegie
3 posts
Nomad

The easy way to win army of ages is to get ranged units that hit both air and ground. when u get a unit upgrade it fully and dont upgrade any other units until that 1 unit u were upgrading is full.

somegie
somegie
3 posts
Nomad

use a special every now and then it wont hurt to use one. also the fastest spawning units that hit air and ground will domin8 the battle field cuz they will all clump up together and do alot of damage per shot. the fast spawn ranged units include slingshoter, archer, musketeer, marine, and hover suit guys

Showing 46-60 of 75